Twitter

Discussion in 'The Den' started by Dawn, May 4, 2009.

1. Dawn

Dawn New Member

Are any of you gentlemen and ladies on twitter? Just curious.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

A colleague told me it's very convenient for monitoring news feeds--basically like a CNN-style crawl of just what's important. I haven't found time to try it yet though.

3. Kezhound

Kezhound KEZ

Hmm, apologies for bumping this, but saw no need to start a new thread.

I'm on Twitter. A lot. http://twitter.com/kezhound

I've been searching for some FMA people to follow, but I can't find anyone! So instead I'm following tons of MMA/Karate people. I need to even that out, so c'mon guys! Completely disregarding what you read about Twitter in the news, consider it like this forum here, just with 1000s of people. It's more like a forum or an IM chat (without the pressure of being there to continue a conversation) than a "newsfeed." Unless you're following NASA or CNN or something. Then it's a newsfeed. I highly recommend it for social networking online, networking with other schools around the country, posting articles or videoes, and keeping in touch with students.

4. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

twitter.com/carolgar7

Tweet me. ;)

5. Kezhound

Kezhound KEZ

Awesomesauce!

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I have to give Twitter a real try--I looked at it initially and haven't really been back. I do make heavy use of Facebook (because my son in college does), and frankly the news feed aspect would be the most likely use for me.

7. Kezhound

Kezhound KEZ

Yesss, join the darksssiiide.

I personally can't stand Facebook anymore. When it first came out and was for college students only, it was really great. Now my 10-year-old cousins are on it. Bah.

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

My wife and I joined FB when our son left for college last year as its chat feature was about the only way to get hold of him.

9. SenseiArashi

SenseiArashi New Member

Hi All,

Have you tried SKYPE? It gives you video-teleconferencing for free. All you need is a microphone and a camera.

Here's the link, www.skype.com , check it out.

Mickey

10. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

11. Majd

Majd New Member

I'm using Twitter too. You can find me as ZackS. I haven't started posting tweets yet because I don't know about what to post. I prefer to discuss my personal life only at my blog so I don't think I will post tweets related to me. Give me ideas.:)
    PS: If you follow me than I will follow you back.:)

12. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member