Tuhon Gaje's Blog

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by PeteNerd, Aug 31, 2006.

1. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

I've been reading Tuhon Gaje's blog for quite a long time and this recent post caught my attention. http://pekiti-tirsia.typepad.com/pekititirsia_kali/2006/08/pekiti.html

This section caught my attention. It's an invitation to all for a competition in Manila. Full Contact, no pads, no refs, no time limits, until submission.

I'm sure this will be an event to remember.

Pete

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

I sure hope someone takes photos and videos of the event

3. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

More concern would be if it actually happens. This is supposed to be the 109th yet there hasn't been coverage, wirte-ups, clips etc. on the past 108. I remember an announcement over 10 years ago. However, I also recall that it was a no show and was cancelled.

4. ricthedic

ricthedic -== Banned ==-

AM i crazy or just think that PI masters never challenge there repective conterparts or systems? there is room for many grandmasters because in PI and many countries there are true grandmasters so why should just one be appointed? am i reading this wrong?

5. blindside

blindside student

I'm not sure that the 109 refers to the "tests of skill." 2007 is the 109th anniversery of the PTK system according to Tuhon Gaje, though the way it was written in the blog it certainly sounded like the test of skill is an annual event, I dunno.

Lamont

6. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

Ah, then "109th World Kali Test of Skill" would have been better worded as PTK's 109th Anniversary Celebration including a "World Kali Test of Skill" event. I can definately see where confusion may rest. Thank for the input Lamont!