Tri V concept or formula

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Steeve, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Steeve

Steeve New Member

Howdy guys

Tri v formula or concept in advanced PTK

Anybody could give info ?

Steeve

2. Steeve

Steeve New Member

A lot of peoples done tehe dos methodos ...with the 64 attack ...and so on ..

But about the tri V concept...anybody?

3. blindside

blindside student

Much of my training has been through the Tri-V, it is a methodology focused on angular attacks, both slashes and thrusts. Early on it focuses on how the downward diagonal angles can counter all other attacks, and developes into close range tapping. An integral drill to this methodology is Qol demama which is taught early in the cycle and is a pathway for introducing the contradas.

I've never seen a lesson plan that denotes what exactly is a "Tri-V" curricullum, certainly I see alot of overlap into the 64 and from what I've seen of the Doce Methodos.

Lamont

4. Steeve

Steeve New Member

Lamont

Could U give more info ? about ur experience in the tri V and about the drills

the tri V concept are from the open and close top of the triangle ....for the striking in V and the footwork and the bridging ...

Steeve

5. blindside

blindside student

The most common "Tri-V" striking patterns seem to be (using cinco teros numbering):

1,2,2 (or finishing with horizontal backhand)

Unsurprisingly, I've been shown lots of variations, but the above stick out as most common, and I have been shown a pattern containing the above combos along with one other, as a mini drill to teach people basic Tri-V striking from different loading points.

For thrusting, the 5,8,9 lines (abcedario numbering) are taught as a set (upward 3) and have a set of drills versus the "downward 3" which are the 1,2, and vertical slashing lines. These drills show knife tapping from the perspective of "meeting" force. Qol is used to show alternate methodologies for dealing with the weapon.

Footwork from bridging is usually shown using the forward and reverse triangles to close range, if you are going on the offensive. The footwork doesn't seem much different than other curricullums, but empasis seems to be placed on forward triangle, takeoffs, and sidestepping.

Lamont

6. Steeve

Steeve New Member

I understand the striking pattern ....GT teach 9 variations ....with the footwork...

Steeve