training knives

Discussion in 'General' started by bentit, Jan 15, 2009.

1. bentit

bentit New Member

http://www.nolieblades.com/order.html does any body have an alternative idea to this? the no lie blades are expensive! I was planning on making one myself, but lipstick is out as a marking agent. any ideas is greatly appreciated.

2. scarphe

scarphe New Member

what tools do can you use? this factor could limit your ability make soemthing similar greatly?

3. bentit

bentit New Member

tools would be any reagular training knife. Either plastic or aluminum. I was thinking of cutting a piece of sponge and gluing it on the training blade.. any thoughts on this?

4. scarphe

scarphe New Member

you might wish to try and buy some fake fur, it will not absorb the material you marking material as much as a sponge but will still allow marks to be made. plus it would be easier to put glue on to the blade rathet tightly i would think. and save up money for those shocknives

5. rshawtx

rshawtx New Member

You can use chalk on the rubber training knives.

6. TheSilentOne

TheSilentOne New Member

7. lameco_alex

lameco_alex New Member

The Nok hard contact trainers are a good alternative for realistic training, I use it and have real stopping power, but are safe to use in real time training, you can see the material :

www.geocities.com/amok_hodges/blades

8. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

I utilize the sharkee blades with the virtualblade and they work great.

Here is a video of us getting after it.

[yt]nqzWslA8j4w&feature=channel_page[/yt]

9. bentit

bentit New Member

nice sparring their Brian! question for the sharkee, how long do they last? I'm liking the chalk idea now..

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

11. bentit

bentit New Member

I was looking around the net to get detail for the sharkee. how does it stand up with sweat?

12. Brian R. VanCise

I have had my two sets for about a year or so and while I bought extra chalk I have quite a bit left. [​IMG] We do wear white though so that it shows up well I do believe you could also wear black and have the same effect.

13. Brian R. VanCise

Great!!! [​IMG] Because of the material ie. plastic they work great and will stand up to time for quite a while. [​IMG]

14. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, I've had good luck with them even under sweaty conditions.