Training groups inquiry

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by young blade, Jun 5, 2009.

1. young blade

young blade New Member

Hi I'm really interested in learning K.I. I wonder if there are any instructors/training groups around Orange County (California) area. I'd appreciate any information regarding this.

Maraming Salamat!

2. NigelTufnel

NigelTufnel New Member

Check out Kalis Ilustrisimo Repeticion Orihinal Canada facebook group. They have a list of officers there for Canada, US and Philippines. There's a practitioner listed there for Inland Empire CA. Not comfortably close, but might be worth a shot.

3. Vandugen

Vandugen New Member

I am new in this space. But, I've been told that Kali Ilustrisimo great. I am wondering if anybody wld know its contact details in the Philippines.

thank you so much :)

4. Hi,

If you go to Luneta park on Sundays you can find GM Tony Diego and his Kali Ilustrisimo group practicing.

You need to go to the entrance with the carabao and turn right. They will be on the right hand side just after you enter. This is just opposite the Manila Hotel.

People are always standing / sitting / lying around watching so I suggest you go and take a look - it's free! - and talk with Master Tony. He is a great guy and of course a very skilled eskrimador.

Simon.

5. azman

azman New Member

Where in LUneta park and what time the training of KI?thanks

6. Sunday Mornings but the times I've been there it carries on until past lunch-time too.

7. Makata

Makata New Member

Touch base with the Lameco brothers in the SOG (Sulite Orehenal Group), as I believe Dino Flores is currently training in KI with Mang Topher Ricketts, and might have more info. There should be an ongoing KI (Ilustrisimo USA) training crew in the LA/OC area, but you might need to do some serious investigating...

Start here:
    http://www.mandirigma.org
    http://members.tripod.com/lameco/leiindex.htm

Good luck! :)

Lester

8. Sicilian

Sicilian New Member

You can try out Roy Harris' academy in San Diego.

9. still lurking

still lurking New Member

If you make it past the carabao by pinning it down for 3 secs. they just might accept you as a student.

10. Raul

Raul Mananandata

Right on!