Traditional Brazilian Knife Fightning in South Africa!

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by ScaVneR, Dec 22, 2005.

1. ScaVneR

ScaVneR New Member

As the title has said I am currently training in a small coastal city in South Africa in Tactical Knife fighting& (spelling not sure on) Feilay Kombatay?
    Are there any other knife fighting schools out there ,are there different forms/styles and if so where can i get more information on the different schools of Knife Fighting?
    Thank You to Whoever can help me!!

2. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Interesting....
    Only use of the knife in Brazil that I'm familiar with is the straight razor in Capoeira. What kind of knife does Feilay Kombatay specialize in? Can you give us a brief overview of the system?

3. ScaVneR

ScaVneR New Member

The Two Forms that are Offered At our Training Centre

Brazillian Persev& Spanish Filo Combate(sorry 4 spelling in last rit)
    I spoke to my instructor and he gave me more written information about our style of Filo Combate(also known as Close Proximity Strategic Tactical Knife Fighting! our Style is apparently a "Family Style" brought about by a Brazillian Known only to me as Father Martinius!
    The knife we commonly use is a single Sided or double sided bowie or Dagger, i on the other hand am allowed to used a Smith&wesson Military Double sided boot knife! But this still does not answer the question i ask! What other forms or styles are there out there? how many do we not know about? Please let me know? Also has Anyone heard of Grupo Punhal Combate also know as the Changing Blade Style?

4. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Hello ScaVner,
    I'm not sure what your asking. Are you asking if there are any other knife schools in South Africa? Are you asking if there are any Brazilian knife schools besides the method that you are training in? Are you asking about various schools of knife fighting period, regardless of location?

I'm sure if you specify your question a little more all of us on the boards will be able to help you a little more.

Happy Holidays.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Any web sites on Brazlian knife fighting?

It makes me think of the movie Exposure (a.k.a A Grande Arte)!