Torque Blades

Discussion in 'Gear Talk!' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Hi Everyone,

I was curious on the Torque Blades:

http://www.torqueblade.com/

I met briefly Michael (owner) at the LAMECO Reunion last April and have been intrigued about them...

Anyone have experience with these?... or even Indian Club bells and Kettle bells and the like?...

Thanks!

Cpt.

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

while I have never used the Torque Blades they look interesting but could not the same effect be gotten from a length of steel bar about the same size

3. James

James Crescent City Eskrima

Kind of. I have not worked out with the Torque Blades, but have held them. The angle of the grip would give your wrist and grip quite a workout, and with the Blade, you also get blade/edge orientation.

That being said, a piece of rebar is a whole lot cheaper (that's what I have). If you plan on using something of that weight BE CAREFUL. You can do some serous damage to yourself, especially to your wrist or elbow if you just start slinging it around. Go slow, and learn how to control the weight of the weapon with proper follow through and flow.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'd be curious to try it...it looks like fun, though whether it's effective or not I don't know. But yeah, I could just use an ironwood stick...