Top FMA Schools in Canada

Discussion in 'General' started by FENOM, Sep 5, 2008.

1. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Hello FMAT!

I am looking into creating a website that features the best FMA schools and their instructors in Canada. This website that I hope to put up would have info on FMA history, tips on how to avoid McDojos, and perhaps a training gear section as well.

I would love it if you could provide me with your school (if you are an instructor), style, affiliation, location etc. Or if you know the details of a school/instructor/style, it would be greatly appreciated.

I figured that this would be the easiest way to compile such a list as there are so many great practicioners on this forurm.

Thanks in advance all.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  2. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

That's a great idea! It will definelty help FMA to be more recognize in Canada.

My I suggest the schools here in Alberta, namely Kali Academy,
    International Rutano Estokada & Haribon Dumog Federation, Calgary Arnis de Cadena, KPC Martial Arts,Real self defense centre, BSM Martial arts (combat zone) , Edmonton Kali Arnis de mano Club,Sikaran Brotherhood Intl- Master Tom Sulit and Edmonton Paclibar Arnis International.

The schools i listed is in no particular order, but this is the schools i know. Most of this schools are connected in some way.

PM me Kapatid FENOM if you can't find some of their info.And please let me know how i can help.

Thanks and good luck on this project!

Phil

3. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Guro Jun DeLeon is in Canada. A web search should provide you with more information. Here's his site: http://www.kalideleon.com/

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  4. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

5. Phil Mar Nadela

Sorry about the text, looks like I was shouting. I guess I was just really excited.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  6. FENOM

FENOM New Member

Thanks for everyone's suggestions so far. I like especially like the Guro Jun submission (my instructor!).

There has to be more FMA schools/instructors out there aside from the ones FMAT members have posted! Again, if you know of any, please be sure to post as this is for FMA awareness in Canada!

Thanks in advance for everyone's help. Maraming salamat po sa iyong lahat.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2008
  7. Phil Mar Nadela