tony blauer's High Gear

Discussion in 'General' started by Pekiti & Bells, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Pekiti & Bells

Pekiti & Bells New Member

any one have experience with this training equipment?
    thoughts, experience, criticisms (logical and appropriate please)

thinking of adding a high gear suit to my training gear arsenal, and would be interested in the communities experiences with it

thanks in advance

2. corwin137

corwin137 Slayer of knuckledraggers

We've had great luck with it, as a rule. Only been using the head gear, and have the same problem with it that it's unlikely we'll ever get away from- claustrophobic, fogs up, hard to breathe under pressure. Expensive. Hot. That said though, they don't move as much as other pieces (laterally, vertically, when struck or pushed). Plenty of protection for the melon. About as much coverage (surface area) as is possible. Takes hard whacks from, well, everything (fists, elbows, knees, sticks). Visibility is Ok, but not fantastic.

We don't really play with the body armor, so can't give any sense of that.

3. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

I love the helmets! Not a big fan of the gloves. I think you would be better off with mma gloves.

4. mmamasher

mmamasher New Member

You sweat a lot in the suit but I like the design. There is an anti-fog visor now which is a lot better than the old one.
    I believe Blauer sold the High Gear suit to London Bridge Trading. http://www.highgearsuit.com/

5. mmamasher

mmamasher New Member

using highgear for your training

no matter what program you have the gear allows you to move realistically and naturally. Visor is brand new, no fogging. Company is redoing gloves and will have new accessories out by July 10.