Thoughts on Mang Bert Labaniego's DVDs?

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by Makata, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Makata

Makata New Member

Hey everybody...I'm going to be ordering Mang Bert Labaniego's DVDs sometime very soon, and I was wondering if any of you Lightning Scientific players (who have hopefully seen or own the videos) could give me your thoughts/observations on the stuff that's being shown on there...

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer/home.php?cat=340&page=3

According to what I've understood from what I've read, Mang Bert seems to especially focus on the bladed aspect of LSA: espada y daga, bolos, knives (as well as sticks, of course)...and there's even an icepick section on the video!

Has anyone here ever trained with Mang Bert? Your input would be most appreciated! Honestly, I've never even seen how Lightning players move and express FMA (yeah, yeah, I know that YouTube could probably be the answer for that, but I almost never think to go there for some reason), so I'm really excited about getting these videos...

All best, everyone--and maraming salamat! :)

Gumagalang,
    Lester S.

2. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

well, for this reason, i have to urge you to check it out at youtube.

3. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I got the DVDs, and I'd say they are great, but still there are things left to be wished for... Namely, the material was not really presented in any particular order, but then again, maybe this is exactly what gives it a specific taste, almost as being there.
    Mang Ben's performance is awesome ans inspiring. Oh, and yes, it is quite blade oriented, even though there is plenty of stick in there as well.