The State of DTS

Discussion in 'Dekiti Tirsia Siradas' started by NAGA, Apr 1, 2008.

1. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    This year Grand Tuhon Jerson "Nene" Tortal will be gracing the shores of the United States. He is here too give a series of seminars at the request of some of the nations top martial arts whom are in "the know" when it comes too the pulse of martial arts in the USA. Overall this is a year of growth for the USA DTS www.DTSKali.com [​IMG] organization, as the Family (we do not consider ourselves a village you know people whom are forced too be together no canis canem edit attitude ) push forward in propagating the Tortal family system which is gaining much ground here in the United States.

People such as Tom Ball President of the AJJF (American Judo and Jujitsu federation) [​IMG] the largest orginization of its kind in the US, is hosting Grand Tuhon Tortal for a three day camp of traditional old school kali training.

Datu Tim Hartman has graciously requested Grandmaster Tortal as guest instructor at the WMAA (World Modern Arnis Alliance) training camp in the great State of New York.. (I have put the flyer down a bit on this post).

Men of great integrity such as PG Michael Blackgrave in Texas the top student of Grandmaster Yuli Romo and others (sorry if I excluded you) are willing to host Grandmaster Tortal for the sake of FMA brotherhood and networking! So without further hyperbole I would like too thank everyone for their interest in DTS Kali and for their willingness to explore and train.

Thanks to all (especially the family)

John

Also do not forget Grandmaster Tortal will also be at the Sulong Championship October 12th 2008 in New Lenox Illinois. WWW.Bushido-Martial-Arts.com

[​IMG]

2. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

If PG Mike B. host a seminar with you, I will also be there. I will help support any teacher such as Grand Tuhon Nene Tortal.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

If you need another host to offset expenses I would be glad to have him up here in the middle of Michigan! (really glad) [​IMG]

If not I will either be in Indiana or Chicago for a seminar or private training.

4. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Wow Gentlemen,

We truly thank both of you for your support. I seems like
    GT Nene's insistence upon demanding that his people work as a family, treating other people and systems with respect and letting the techniques speak for them selves are working out very well.

God Bless, Mike[​IMG]

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Those are attributes that I look for in everyone I associate with! [​IMG]

6. medic

medic Junior Member

That is also what attracted me to look more into this style. Can't wait to finally experience it in Chicago. Mike has been a great help to me both in emails and on the phone with any questions that I have had.

Shaun

7. southsider

southsider New Member

Brother John,

That's great news and I am excited about the opportunity you are helping to provide for us all to be exposed to the Tortal family art by the world's authority on the subject. You should be commended and congratulated on all the work and effort you have put in to make this happen.

Marc

8. NAGA

NAGA Member

Forgot too mention Bill!

Hello All,
    I forgot (I am getting older) To mention William Anderson on Guam. He has trained with Grand Tuhon Tortal and plans on brining him to Guam. Bill, for those of you whom do not know is the inheritor of Master Reston's systems as well as a high ranking practitioner of Kuntao Silat..... I cannot sing Bills prasies enough as a player and elder statesmen within FMA!

Thanks,
    John

9. R. Mike Snow

Not to mention the fact Bill is a nice guy too........ And I still feel sorry for Bill being tragically & torturously stuck in.... [​IMG] [​IMG] paradise. It's just hard to imagine what Bill goes through every day to help keep us safe from every possible kind of threat, be it by land,[​IMG] air [​IMG]or sea[​IMG]......

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Paradise? Isn't Guam crawling with poisonous snakes?

11. dekiti

dekiti DTS Guro

Ang Galing

Great Work Kapatid na Mike,
    Ang galing mo. Keep up the good work.

12. silat1

silat1 Active Member

You had better believe it, I carry a 12 gauge shotgun with 10 rounds of 3 inch slug rounds and a 9mm with 45 rounds plus we have a big crown victoria to chase down the snakes we miss with all this fire power..

The snakes aren't the problem, the illegal chinese aliens that hit the shores last week created a little distraction away from the snakes, unexploded ordinance and the suspicious people who hang around our gates.. We had 15 illegals hit the shores last week, we caught 9 of them and the other 6 or so got away into the jungle, so the snakes ate good that night.

Guam is a good place to live, it is a step closer to the temperature change in the Philippines along with the jungle environment.

13. NAGA

NAGA Member

More positive news.

Hello All,
    Lets get rolling with more positive news from my DTS brethern and sisters.... I cannot keep posting by my lonesome. As for you Bill how about a story about you and GM Tortal and/or training with Master Reston...

Thanks,
    John

14. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I apologize for taking so long to post to this request, but things have been busy here and since I lasted posted, I moved up in the feeding chain as far as my job.. As of the beginning of the month, I moved up to advanced patrol officer,so that has been taking the majority of my time.. I had to go through several weeks of prepping to take a test and oral board as well as maintaining my college classes getting my recertification as an EMT.

I will post something later today dealing with the the evolution and development of Master Reston's journey in the martial arts over his life time as recorded in his manuscript that I am editing for possible publication.

15. R. Mike Snow

Good evening Brother Bill,

I have laods of stuff I will be posting very soon, just got'ta get everything else caught up. I am sure the campus would never be the same if we were going to the same college Bill.[​IMG]
    And I am also sure Professor "Arnisador" truly aprreciate our secret, yet simple method of slpitting atoms into violently unstable subatomic particles.

[​IMG]
    God Bless, Mike

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hey, I've got instability enough already!