The non-PC guide to policing: How to apprehend a criminal, 1907-style.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by arnisador, Jan 8, 2010.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

The non-PC guide to policing: How to apprehend a criminal, 1907-style

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rehend-criminal-1907-style.html#ixzz0c3Rhpsb3

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Hmmmm....I think that copper's going to get a cut hand at best...

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Nope.

The wedge is truly just a wedge. The article refers to it as a truncheon (which is an impact weapon, not a bladed weapon) and one of the other shots shows the officer controlling the truncheon in a way that one cannot control a knife.

Good article.

4. Hm. O.k.

So the guy hasn't got a knife in the picture there?

Looks like a knife to me...

- Edit -

Just looked at the article and it says "truncheon" but guess my eyes are deceiving me.

Sounds straight forward enough then!

My Father was a British Policeman for 20 years on the beat. He is also a 3rd Dan in Karate. He ran a club for other officers who just got a few weeks of aikido on their 6 weeks basic training. Most of them struggled to punch their way out of a paper back. Sadly (at that time it might have changed now) the British police seem to be behind their American cousins when it comes to offering good quality training.

I guess this is a by product of a system that is always trying to cut costs.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  5. bluesbassist

bluesbassist New Member

Cool find!:cheers:

I thought the same thing when I first saw that picture. Then I saw it called a truncheon in the article. Still wouldn't be my "go to" move in that situation but not egregious by any means. I like the "over under" grip in the second picture.