The Fire Hydrant

Discussion in 'Dog Brothers Martial Arts' started by Crafty Dog, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Woof All:

I leave in an hour for a 12 day business trip, so my participation here may be uneven during that time.

The Adventure continues!
    Guro Crafty/Marc

2. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Safe travels...

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

We'll look forward to seeing you back!

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Have fun! [​IMG]

5. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Good times and Adventure!!!

6. Raw_Prime

Raw_Prime New Member

Safe travels and new adventures,Sir!

7. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Its been a very good trip and all is on track for me to return on the 12th.

Saturday and Monday classes resume on , , , Saturday (14th) and Monday (16th).

8. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Glad your travel is going well, and glad you've been able to check in with us from time to time. We love having you here. :)

9. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Tail wags to all.

I am home and glad of it.

The Adventure continues!

10. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

[​IMG]
    Two of my Kali Tudo students have a school in Moreno valley and every few months I drive out there for a one day seminar, today being one of those days.

It is a very enjoyable arrangement. I work with these two students every week in the Kali Tudo class, then get to work with their students on what has been brought back to them.

Today we will be starting with the triplet of Dodger-Dracula-Bolo.

The Adventure continues!

11. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Good times yesterday. Dog Mark and Dog Mark's group has evolved nicely in its understanding so I was able to go deeper into the material.
    I stumbled onto a nifty new drill for imparting the feeling of a Dracula done correctly.

12. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

The edit of Kali Tudo 3 is coming along nicely. We will be integrating some footage shot last year in Hawaii of the Malayu Game.

As discussed and shown in our "Staff" DVD, "Malayu" means "Malaysian" and is a reference to the Malayu Sibat (Malaysian Staff) structure that I learned in the Philippines from GT Leo Gaje. For us it is the name of the core power strike in this system.

Friday afternoon is open mat time at Rigan Machado's and is one of my favorite sessions of the week and has become part of my conditioning program. Rolled last night for a solid 75 minutes, including the last 15 minutes doing friendly stand up MMA sparring with a nice purple belt. Integrating the Malayu Game and the Bolo Game was working really nicely. :cool:

Now a big tough young blue wants to try me next week.

The Adventure continues!

13. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Sorry for not being here very much. Back last night from a two week trip. After a day or three to recuperate (9 hour times zone changes are a female dog) I should be back to posting regularly.

14. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

I just got back late last night from three days in Las Vegas for the SHOT show: guns, knives, & toys-- Oh my! (Apologies to Frank Baum, author of "The Wizard of Oz") and so much more. In the coming weeks/months we will be seeing several new products available on our website.

For example, I finally found a reasonably priced trauma kit. IMHO, those of us who seek to "walk as a warrior for all our days, as protectors of our land, women, and children" need to think about more than how to fight. We also need to work on our healing skills. Winning the fight is a good thing, bleeding out on the way to the hospital is not. I have a trauma kit in my truck at all times. Or, you might be able to help someone else.

15. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Just back from a wonderful time giving a seminar in Vancouver for Tricky Dog. Excellent group of people-- good energy, good times. Next week, Chicago.

Several matters on my plate at the moment, I hope to get back to pending matters here before I leave for Chicago.

16. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Sorry for low activity level around here; things have been very, very busy for me. By next week I should be able to re-establish a groove around here.

17. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Back from my second seminar in Seattle hosted by Rob and Shawn; the focus was "Consistency Across Categories: Kali Tudo and Die Less Often".

Day One was Kali Tudo and Day Two the first half of the day was SIW (Short Impact Weapons) and the second half of the day was the Dogcatcher vs. Mongo Ice Pick and Ice Pick Sewing Machine.

We finished with Bando stick stretches.

18. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Leaving for my seminar in Israel in 40 minutes.

The Adventure continues!

19. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Godspeed! Hope to hear from you soon sir.

20. Crafty Dog

Crafty Dog Active Member

Greetings from the land of the Little Satan!