"The Bladed Hand" Minneapolis Event

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by BirdieKing, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BirdieKing

BirdieKing Member

Gathering and Film viewing:

Gathering info
    When: October 28th - 10am - 3pm
    Where: World Martial Arts Center
    2913 Lyndale Avenue South, Minneapolis

Join Jay Ignacio, creator of the new documentary "The Bladed Hand", as we explore some of the arts in his new film. Come out and join other martial artists in support the art, who knows you may learn a few new things about FMA, Blades or more. We will have some training tools available for loan and sale but please bring a training knife, sword, two sticks if you have these items available.
    Street shoes are not permitted in the training area, mat shoes are ok. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a bottle for water.
    Men and Women's changing areas and bathrooms available.

Film Info
    When: October 28th - 6pm
    Where: Pepito's Parkway Theater
    4814 Chicago Avenue South, Minneapolis

Jay Ignacio, creator of "The Bladed Hand" will be in town to premier his film. Come out and see this landmark piece on Filipino Martial Arts and culture in a charming classic theater.

Tickets available online and at the door.

For more info check out: http://bladedhand.blogspot.com

2. SHIKOGI

SHIKOGI New Member

Hello,
    I have been hearing about this film for what seems like 3 yrs. now.May I ask when the dvd will be available for purchase? How can it be purchased?
    If I wasn't so far away (canada) I would attend>
    Blessings!

3. BirdieKing

BirdieKing Member

We would love to see you at the premier but that is a long drive. It is yet unknown when this will be released on DVD, hence the reason we are excited to have this screening in our backyard!

4. BirdieKing

BirdieKing Member

Tomorrow is the day! We also have a direct student of Pendakar Herman Suwanda will be teaching at the Workshop October 28th (Tomorrow) at World Martial Art Center in Uptown. Learn deep insights into Cimande and Harimaw Silat not known by most westerners. Find the bladed component to your silat. Hope to see you at either the workshop, film or both!

bladedhand.blogspot.com