Testing

Discussion in 'General' started by Imua Kuntao, May 11, 2008.

1. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

I want to thank Punong Guro Mike Blackgrave for inviting me to thier test on sat. I had a good time helping out, his students work hard and have much skill, I can atest to the teaching ability of Punong Mike. His students with only a year of trainning are some ot the best here in San Antonio. Thanks again Mike.

2. silat1

silat1 Active Member

I agree with you there.. I have had the privilege of knowing Mike for over 10 yrs and in 2007, I had the chance to train with him in Bahad Zubu introduction at the Midway Kodenkan school which is run by John Bednarski and the Chicago Danzan Ryu crew.. It was interesting to say the least as I was surprised to see how fast and light on his feet that Mike was for his size..

Mike is one of the few people who I can see eye to eye with in the FMA and IMA because of our past background in the military.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I think it's great when people bring in instructors from other schools for tests. What a sign of confidence in their students!

4. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Mike is the kind of guy every instructor wants to have as a student, he has grown a great deal as a martial artist and can stand own his own with any other FMA instructor out there. I had confidence in his students way before the test and I checked them out up close at the test.

5. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Kamusta kana boys, and many thanks form the kind words. I look at it like this. If one is confidant in their knowledge and sure in their methods than all is good. I simply come from a less is more mind set, practical, simple and decisive methods that are easy to learn. I also feel that the students have to know from day one where you as their teacher stand. Tell them and show them how you do things, and explain to them, why. In this way their is no gray area that could later be a vehicle for confusion.

I am real proud of my lads, they show up and hit it. They do not complain of the heat, cold or hitting good old fashioned father concrete. Most importantly, they have good understanding and they can use their skills if needed. That is good enough for me. If they choose teach, cool, if not that's cool to as long as they can handle their business when it goes KRUNCH!

A big THANKS goes out to my good friend Guru Joel...a wise and skillful man to be sure and a bit nasty...lol..and I mean that with sincerity.

3 modes to my madness

1.learning
    2.training
    3.combating

put them in your laboratory, seek the bridge that simply makes them ~~~1~~~

BE THE MAD SCIENTIST

6. corwin137

corwin137 Slayer of knuckledraggers

That's a great practice- bringing other trainers to tests. Always envious of cats getting to train with you m'cyberbrother. If we're ever on tour in Tejas...

7. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

L.A. is a long way from here, but if you are ever this way give either one of us a holler, we would be happy to have you join us if only for a short while.

8. corwin137

corwin137 Slayer of knuckledraggers

Humbled. I "know" (er, e-know...) PG Michael B from elsewhere, and have appreciated his contributions to a lot of stuff. Would dig spending some time with you guys. Who knows...

9. Topeng

Topeng New Member

That was quite a test. I've got that shiner to remind me. Thank you for coming out Guro.

10. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

I enjoyed it, my regular class for sat. afternoon is cancelled for this weekend, I might be able to workout sometime this sat. eve. if anyone wants to give me a call.