Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

Discussion in 'The Den' started by pguinto, Dec 23, 2009.

1. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Testing issues could derail Mayweather-Pacquiao

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I can see him not wanting an arm punctured shortly before a boxing match...that's overly cautious, perhaps, but not unreasonably so.

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Pacquiao plans to sue Mayweathers

I get that this is all part of the dance, but it's still starting to look a little silly.

4. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I do not see this as silly at all. Defamation, slander and libelous are not a silly matter. The accusations have already done damage. From the allegations made Pacquiao no matter what will be known as the guy who might have done illegal substances, whether it is true or false is no longer the issue. Nothing was ever proven but the allegations can harm him financially, and professionally..especially in his political future.

Also by Floyd Mayweather allowing this to happen and chiming it on he has now touted himself bigger than the sport of boxing. When he publicly brought into question the Nevada State Athletic Commissions' testing regulations etc he opened a pandoras box of doubt on every single fight, and fighter that has performed there over the last 15 years. Now anyone who lost there can subsequently claim BS..that their vanquisher was on something. You see if this is allowed it is the death nail of boxing and Floyd Mayweather and his pack of goons are swinging the hammers.

The fight itself is non consequential IMHO. This is now a must for Pacquiao to sue, and go for mega millions in damages. Mayweather has crossed a line that until now no one dared to touch..CLAIMING TO BE BIGGER THAN BOXING ITSELF.

It is very sad but I ask you this, If someone were trashing you publicly and taking potential earnings from you and possibly ruining your ambitions for the future in the process , what would you do? Me personally I would sue the daylights out of them....

The fight to me should now be scrapped...Mayweather needs Pacquiao..Pac doesn't need Mayweather..and that is a fact!

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Well, I guess I feel like it's more a matter of pre-fight psyching the other guy out than really being offended at the suggestion that pro athletes might be using performance enhancing drugs. I feel like both sides are trying to of-balance the other guy before they step into the ring.

6. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Here's Pacquiao's weights in the last 4 years:
    Pacquiao vs. Morales 3: November, 2006 - Pacquiao's weight inside the ring was 144 lbs.
    Pacquiao vs. Barrera 2: October 2007 He was 144 during fight night.
    Pacquiao vs. Marquez 2: March 2008 - Pacquiao's weight during the fight was 145.
    Pacquiao vs. Diaz: June 2008 - Pacquiao went up to lightweight for the first time and on fight night re-hydrated to 147.
    Pacquiao vs. De La Hoya: December, 2008 - The limit for the fight was 147 and on fight night Pacquiao weighed 148 1/2.
    Pacquaio vs. Hatton: May, 2009 - Pacquiao weighed 148.
    Pacquiao vs. Cotto: November, 2009 - There were no in-ring weights given but my insiders told me Pacquiao weighed around 149.
    That's a five pound increase in 4 years!!! Wow! Steroids huh?!?

7. silat1

silat1 Active Member

The only thing that I hear as getting big on this situation is Mayweather's gums and ego from all the bula bula that he is starting.. Manny Pacquiao might have put on 5 lbs in 4 yrs, but Mayweather is still so full of himself, he might have to take a laxative to get all the crap out of his mouth when Manny Knocks his ass out..

The proof is in the pudding or in the case of Manny Pacquiao, the kalami

8. Well, that will be a close fight :laugh:

9. pguinto

pguinto New Member

Why is the Mayweather camp so adamant about pre-fight testing when Paquiao already agreed to urine testing immediately after the fight?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  10. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Urine samples alone cannot cacth HGH (Human Growth Hormone) the alleged substance that team Mayweather claims Manny is taking. The problem lies here, whether one is on HGH or steroids it will not enhance you as a boxer. If anything it does nothing but give you rage and if anyone who follows boxing will tell you, If you rage and lose control int he ring you are playing into the hands of your opponent, and at this level playing into the hands of Mayweather (a truly great fighter no matter if you like him or not). Pacquiao is a highly intelligent fighter. There is now ay he does this because as I stated earlier 5 pounds in 4 years does not even come cose to the gains one gets from a cycle of HGH...If Pac were to come in at a ripped 175 and vying for the Light heavyweight strap I may have an issue. But he is not. Team Mayweather and GBP (Golden Boy Productions) are smooth operators. They know that there man Floyd Jr. is going to be in for a hard, vicious fight..a fight that even his father said he hopes his son doesn't take. The allegations came after those statements. So you see the easy fix is in. If we are unsure we can defeat Pacquiao in the ring we must first muddy the water and get the fight cancelled smearing his name, thus rendering ourselves as the savior of boxing. The problem is, Mayweather and th antics of his mafia are actually driving nails slowly into the coffin of boxing. These deplorabe acts and now the subsequent maligning of the Nevada State Athletic Commission tells me that he, Floyd Mayweather Jr. is touting himself bigger than the sport itself. He Mauyweather is trying to dictate what happens in the fight, how it goes down and when the testing should occur. If Pacquiao lets this happen then he is doomed because everything will then be controled by the Mayweather faction.,referee, glvoes, etc...and no none of these issues has been settled....

So you see this entire charade is a way out for Mayweather....he has been a joke and a fraud, cherry picking opponents and paying his fines off for not making weight etc....look at the history of the Mayweather entourage and he himself, now tell me whose word you would trust..for me it is a no brainer..Gangsta vs. Clean cut guy who never got busted for a damn thing...hmmmmmm

As to the Malinaggi fight..please let this happen...Paulie popped off about Manny being dirty with roids...okay now back it up in the ring Senorita Paulie..oh that's right, you can't..Pauli you step in that ring I hope you got good insurance because son you fixing to get broke down like and seriously hurt....aligator mouth and a skeeter ass do not make for a bad man...adios senorita Paulie

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I don't know about wanting to get the fight canceled...I'd wager it'll occur, and tehse are just head-games.

12. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

The back and forth melodrama from both sides has become a proposterous mess. Both sides are now IMHO guilty. The entire fiasco is becoming more a soap opera than a serious negotiation. I for one am sick of it. I have been a long time boxing fan since I can remember. What sickens me is the levels at which both sides are now stooping. Making demands of one another etc....slandering one another, racial epitaphs etc. They to me are both driving the death nail into the coffin that was boxing. For one, I was truly hoping to fight would happen but after all this grandstanding and specious behavior I could now care less. To me it is a moot point. Boxing has been and always will be a sport of dubious destinction. This fiasco now proves it more and more. And to think, I thought the Ali vs Foreman 1 hoopla was bad..this is far worse and IMHO WRONG!

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

OK, it's happened:

Pacquiao Sues Mayweather

14. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

I'd love to see this fight happen but Mike is correct: Team Mayweather is opting for some psychological warfare at best and a way out at worst. What puzzles me is why more people won't see the Mayweather ploy for what it is...

Manny should just stick to his guns and state plainly what the Mayweather mafia is doing.

Both fighters are exceptionally talented but the major difference is that win or lose Manny has more sand.

Best,

Steve

p.s. Arnisador and Mike slipped in the above posts while I was writing mine. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully all the head games will fade away and Floyd and Manny will just get down to it...

15. maliksi77

maliksi77 New Member

If these head games is the best Mayweather can do, he's evidently scared.

On the other hand, he is one fighter who has the potential ability to beat Manny, and that is by sticking, jabbing and moving for 12 rounds and running away with a decision. In an actual shootout, Manny wins each time.

16. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

I feel like I'm watching a WWE skit when I see coverage of these two. I wish they just clam up and solve it in the ring already.

17. Mediator Arrives on the scene:

18. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

I am holding out little hope for this bout to be made. Idiotic requests, law suits and more importantly a black eye for boxing fans. The entire negotiations have left more than a few fans with a bad taste for the once great sport. Both sides handled the situation carelessly.

19. I think that in the end money will talk. And Manny will smack him in the mouth LOL.

20. punisher73

punisher73 Member

It's win/win for Mayweather. He has already planted that seed in many people's minds that Pac is a user. Now, if Pac doesn't take the test because he shouldn't have to, nor has it ever been done before like this than people will think he is hiding something. If Pac DOES take the test, Mayweather wins because he is dictating unreasonable things on the fight and gains an edge against all other opponents to dictate terms of the fights (reminds me of the "Gracie rules" that were in place for many fights). Finally, if Mayweather beats Pac, he can spout off on how he is the better boxer and Pac wasn't anything w/o his drugs. If Pac wins, then everyone will think it is because Pac was on something.

It's a bunch of BS, and if I was Pac, I would tell him to go pack sand and fight somebody else (which is what his camp is looking into)