Teovel Balintawak Self-defense system

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by Soncen, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

No, its not.....You cant say one guys background does not matter, but yours does.... :)
    That means your background, certificates or black belts dont tell anything about your ability to teach Balintawak either.....

Okay...Yes, i am Danish, but i live in Cebu City the Philippines.... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

2. teelingvillasin

teelingvillasin New Member

Clarification

Gentlemen, I speak in behalf of my family. I am Cherryl Joyce “Teeling” C. Villasin-Tangapa, the youngest of the 17 children of Atty Jose V. Villasin.

John Villasin is the youngest of 5 boys – Jesus “Jingga” (RIP), Jose Jr “Joey”, Bianor “Banoh”, Dennis (RIP).

Ver Villasin is the son of our father’s 1st degree cousin, Severino Villasin, Sr. He is also the godchild of our Dad. Ver is a dear cousin and is like a brother to us. Dad has been treating him like his own son. We are glad he proliferated his learnings of the Balintawak arnis to this day.

Thank you.

Teeling

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Thanks for sharing that information with us!

4. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Hi Teeling,

Thanks for the e-mail by the way, i was happy to hear from you.... :)
    Tell GM. John Villasin, i said hello and look forward to seeing him again tomorrow.... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

5. necopa74

necopa74 New Member

HI Jan.

just discovered your newest clips on youtube....

Why you still upload this stuff?
    The ratings are still mostly only one star....
    The viewers don't like them or they can't see the beauty of the art in them.

Be patient and upload again when your style is improved!
    When it is a sign of life for your relatives, it is okay...
    But not for propagating the Balintawak I was introduced to from my Grandmaster or the Masters I've met in Cebu.

To be honest.... your videos bore me, sorry for that....

Regards
    Thorsten

6. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Hi Thorsten,

You never liked or did understand anything from my video clips from nearly the very start, you have several times tried to e-mail me or comment on my youtube just because what we did was not the same as what you are doing........

Well Thorsten, if you are that good look me up and show me the beauty of your art next time your are in Cebu City..... :)

PS. Yes, i also post so my kids and family in Denmark can see me.....

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

7. rompida

rompida Junior Member

I don't think that he is criticizing because it doesn't look like his art. I think what he is getting at is that your videos make it very evident that your are still in the early stages of learning Balintawak - and that is something that any player can tell, regardless of lineage or style. Things like balance, coordination, and clean movement are aspects that are being noticed, watched, and commented on.

If you are indeed trying to promote Balintawak, you would do better to continue learning, train hard, wait awhile and then show clips of yourself that will really make people take notice - in a more desireable way.

As for inviting folks to meet up with you in Cebu City to show you the beauty of their art - I would be very careful what you wish for and how you phrase it. Sure sounds like issuing a challenge to me, which could get messy.

good luck

-Brian

8. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

I know what he was getting at because he has been sending me e-mails to, as i also said above....But what i dont understand is why you see the need to start picking now, both Thorsten and i are talking in a nice way by mails on Facebook, so why stir up anything now?
    The thing with the beauty of the art, you can take any way you like, but all i said was he could show me the "beauty of his art", nothing else....

Regarding my skill level, so should i listen to your waste knowledge about me and my background that says i am a beginner or should i listen to GM. John Villasin, who says i am within the advanced and only have to teach one student his system to become a instructor....
    Who do you think knows the Villasin style best? :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

9. rompida

rompida Junior Member

I said it because some folks may see that post as a thinly disguised challenge. I was hoping that was not what you were trying to do. Just don't want to see someone get hurt or worse.

As for "waste knowledge", I'm just going to let that go. Not worth it. In the end, actions speak louder than words.

10. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

You are correct and your actions just told me you dont know what you are talking about when it comes to Villasin Balintawak (either that or GM. John Villasin is wrong, which is very unlikely)...

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

11. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Thread locked pending staff review.

- Carol Kaur
    - FMAT Admin

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note

Reminder: This is a discussion forum and people are free to discuss their disagreements on matters. However, it' crucial that this be done in a polite and professional manner. People sometimes think that the matter of interest to them merits such stronger language, but then are dismayed when they go to other areas of the forum and find similarly heated discussions. Keeping the level of discussion to an appropriate standard of discourse is to everyone's benefit.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.