Teovel Balintawak Self-defense system

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by Soncen, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Hi Sal,

Thanks for your post.....
    Well, first of i started to comment in this post on the fact that GM. Ver Villasin is not the son of GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin, since the one making the post claimed that GM. Ver Villasin was the son of GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin...
    Now i did this because GM. John Villasin him self, told me that GM. Ver Villasin is his cousin and not the son of GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin.

Then the talk some how went from that and to the "Villasin Grouping System" and again all i can say is what i did hear from GM. John Villasin that it is different, he does not like me to explain to much about this online........

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

2. Pike

Pike New Member

The thread is going in circles (ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz)

After watching this thread run into this state after the good info prior to this needless tit for tat.................

I feel the need to post

All I see is ''me'' or ''I'' in your statements jan this tells us all a lot about you

We dont want to know who said what, unless it has interest of training etc

We want to know what jan knows about Balintawak training?

Give us Info of your training, your learning, your growth in Balintawak

Also ''please please try to be good example'',
    because at present you are tit for tat, like a spoilt kid who thinks he knows best (my opinion)

Realise the guys on this forum have been training in Balintawak for a very long time and I for one know,
    they know what there talking about....[​IMG]

Thanks in advance

Pike

ps. perhaps my post may fuel the fire, but I will sleep well through it[​IMG]

3. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Well it has it has "interest of training", since it seems some people claim to know and use the Villasin Balintawak style and "the Villasin Grouping System", when in fact they do not know it.....According to the Grandmaster within Villasin Balintawak, GM. John Villasin....

Yes, i have used a lot of "i" and "me" in my posts, but i can try to ask GM. John Villasin if he likes to come with a online statement, if that would be better?

My training and learning within the Villasin Balintawak system, i will still not talk about online.... ;)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

4. necopa74

necopa74 New Member

Hi Jan,

i think you should not bother your GM for giving an online statement...
    Time is precious, u should use the time with him for training.
    Propably he would give us informations that we already know... The grouped method is no secret. I mean, till u reached a certain level it is an nothing mystic or secret... and u are still caught in the basics. There might be some differences in the different linages. But there is something for sure, we all start with the twelve points, in order, radom and so on....then we add other things.... and in higher levels there are things, that shud not be taught to not reliable persons and to be in that circle, it takes decades of training and faith in the student...
    So, don't make ur training bigger than it is!
    Be humble and enjoy the little steps of progress u have, when u are addicted to Balintawak and u really put effort into the art you someday will smile when you read your statements...
    You uploaded some videos again...
    I see that your GM is feeding u with new attacks... Thats good, but ur strikes are still no strikes.... you hold ur stick in front of you and John is striking and you defend..... Okay, Defense first, but try to give more power to your "answer". It still don't looks exact and accurate... Your footwork seems senseless to me.... Why waste energy, when u don't make any advantage with ur steps...

I am training the art for more than a decade and i still only have a small overview of what is waiting for me...But thats good.... I am lucky to have good teachers and students who force me to be better....
    And i would never say that i know a whole system!!!!

Regards
    Thorsten

5. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Since i just repeated what GM. John Villasin told me, then i think if he came with a statement it would just confirm what i said above.... :)

The way you try to describe Villasin Balintawak just shows me how little of our system (Villasin Balintawak) you understand. But i am still not going to try to explain the difference online.....

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

6. Soncen

Soncen Teovel Balintawak

Ver a cousin to John is also possible because they do not share the same mother, but they are brother because they share the same father. I know this because I am a Cebuano like both of them and my teacher know them very well by heart like Bobby did.
    -Wilson

7. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

GM. John Villasin said to me, that if you look at the Birth Certificate of GM. Ver Villasin then his farther is not GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin....
    GM. John Villasin is very clear about the fact the GM. Ver Villasin is not the son of GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin, he said it to me many times.... :)

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen
    http://www.fma-arnis.dk

8. Soncen

Soncen Teovel Balintawak

Then Ver Villasin must know his father in his birth certificate was Atty Jose Villasin as he claimed it to be. I think he is more believable because he had the paper as evidence and John did not tell you the name of the father in Ver's birth certificate. Ver has a brother who once had a residence in Mandaue City, he would always be talking about his father Atty. Jose Villasin and his brother ver Villasin in their martial art skill.

-Wilson

9. Soncen

Soncen Teovel Balintawak

Atty. Villasin’s children (Ver & John) so far did not display any grouping applications that we use to know in the Velez lineage in their videos. I’m not expecting it, because they might be developing their own kind of grouping system and practice it only in secret away from the eyes of the public and totally they do not have the knowledge of the Velez system of grouping probably had not been taught by their father the way Mr. Velez had taught it to his followers.

Atty. Villasin cannot use a method of teaching that he did not practiced although the method is very familiar to him being honored as the innovator. Atty. Villasin did not actually practiced the grouping method although he adapted and made it as his own (accepting only the honor given to him from his very popular student), because he is not comfortable in learning from his own student (Mr. Velez), being the teacher himself with pride and honor.

That is why when he is invited to demonstrate in private of the new innovation he would always delegate the task to Mr. Velez because he cannot conduct it by himself and it is always Bobby who will volunteer to be the dummy of Mr. Velez although his son Chito and my teacher Teofilo Roma would also be performing in the occasion. Atty. Villasin will only present some good techniques of his own most of the time with Chito Velez as his dummy.

Students of Atty. Villasin continued to practice the way that he had taught to them adding with some self-innovations. Villasin Balintawak and the Teovel Balintawak might have the same effect in the actual combat fighting, but in the imparting of the skill there is a big difference and I would say that the public can easily notice the mastery of the Teovel Balintawak teachers in the application of the grouping system in their demonstrations in the videos.

-Wilson

10. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Saying GM. John Villasin is less believable, thats not true....GM. John Villasin has showed me his Birth Certificate and is happy to show it to anybody who wants to see it....Do you think GM. Ver Villasin is that?

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

11. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Well, i know that GM. John Villasin does use the "Villasin Grouping System" and as it was taught to him by his farther GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin, the founder of the Villasin Grouping system (not Velez)....

I dont really think you can say either, what the difference is between to two styles without also having tried Villasin Balintawak.... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

12. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

13. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

14. malcolmk

malcolmk Member

secret groupings?

Quote:Originally Posted by fangjian View Post Is this the 'Villasin Grouping System' ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5Qc1...e=channel_page . Sorry can't get the quote function figured out . . Looks like nothing new to me, pretty standard approach to grouping just rather untidy looking. Why are you using the Dacayana longer sticks when you are training balintawak which is basically a close range system? I also think that things are getting a bit hung up on what grouping system is taught by whom, I know that there are smal differences in the groupings between for instance Teovels, Nickelstick and the grouping I teach myself but that is simply because each instructor adapts ( indeed must adapt) the system to him / her self although the changes may be very small. I expect that all the balintawak factions also have an advanced form of the grouping system ( as I do myself ) that is not on general display for all to see. But basically balintawak is balintawak, no secret we are all supposed to be brothers so lets act like it!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  15. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Just because Teovels, Nickelstick and other Balintawak styles has similar "Grouping System", that does not mean that Villasin Balintawak also has and i really dont think you can say it has without trying our style first.... :)
    I have so far known about several things that are different besides just the "Grouping System", but if you read above this was not only about the "Grouping System"....

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

16. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Please, keep the conversation polite and professional.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

17. Soncen

Soncen Teovel Balintawak

Ver was telling the entire world that he is the son of the late Atty. Jose Villasin. Nobody disputed on John’s identity as also the son of Atty. Villasin. I think Ver would also be happy to show his birth certificate to anybody who wants to see it.
    -Wilson

18. Soncen

Soncen Teovel Balintawak

It would also be possible that John’s grouping had the same sequence with the grouping method of Mr. Velez that is if Atty. Villasin had totally practiced it when it was introduce to him (by Mr. Velez). But I heard he did not practice it the way Mr. Velez did.
    -Wilson

19. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

I know GM. John Villasin wants to put his Birth Certificate online, so if GM. Ver Villasin is happy to show his Birth Certificate, why dont you ask him to do the same?

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

20. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

The Villasin Balintawak grouping system was made by GGM. Atty. Jose Villasin and not introduce to him by Mr. Velez..... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.