Teovel Balintawak Self-defense system

Discussion in 'Balintawak' started by Soncen, Apr 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toasty

Toasty New Member

Hey Rocky,

I didn't know Jim Clark ever taught kali/escrima... do you know where he got the Villabrille system (are you sure thats what it was?) and how much he had.

BTW, I used to train with Rocco Ambrose in the Wing Chun Do system - he is one of the top guys in it now...

2. Rocky

Rocky New Member

I always assumed it was Villabras because he got it from Danny Inosanto I was only 11 or 12 so those things didn't mean much to me, what we did do was a lot of drill stuff and we used these pathetic little thin sticks that as I got older I realized would only piss someone off if you hit them...
    So at any rate thats why I refer to it as Villabras, it was something to do untill I hooked up with another PT guy and later with Remy i also did a short stint twith a guy teaching the Lastra method for about a year until he moved away, not being old enough to drive I had take what I could get or wait until my brother could take me to a seminar.

Rocky

3. Toasty

Toasty New Member

Thanks for the reply Rock...

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Hey! No problem.....That will be $14.95.....:biggrinbo

Rocky

5. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

6. guillermo taboada

guillermo taboada New Member

Truth

HELLO MR JAN JENSEN,

PLEASE VISIT GM VER VILLASINS WEBSITE AT vervillasinarnis.freeservers.com MAYBE YOU WILL FIND THE TRUTH. THANK YOU

7. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

Thanks for your answer, but i cant really see what that website changes?

I think they know what they are doing down here in Cebu City the Philippines (home of Arnis/Eskrima), where i live and train with Grandmaster John Villasin and i can tell you many down here knows he is the son of late Grandmaster Atty. Jose Villasin and consider him very skilled and his style a great FMA.... :)

Now that being said, what Grandmaster John Villasin said to me (directly), after some people on youtube asked if him and GM. Ver Villasin where related was that GM. Ver Villasin is his cousin and not the son of GM. Atty. Jose Villasin, he does not even teach the same "grouping system", but GM. John Villasin is the son of GM. Atty. Jose Villasin and teaches the complete system his dad did teach.....

Sincerly yours,

Jan Jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

8. guillermo taboada

hi mr jan,
    very confusing isnt it? It is true that john villasin is the real son of ggm jose villasin and i know that. For you to find out the real answer is to email or call ver villasin and talk to him and tell him that you are very confused. I can not tell you myself because that is not my business, hope you get the answer from ver.
    Fatherly advice about balintawak, dont post about the balintawak is the complete system, there are so many system that better than others, i have been doing this balintawak for almost 40 years and still not complete . Why, it is not complete? Because each technique has a counter, so it never ends. That means it is not complete.

9. Rolando

Rolando New Member

Interesting Statement Manong Bobby

This really applies to all the arts.

10. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

True, but...I see how this statement is more applicable to Balintawak than usual!

11. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

No its not really confusing, Grandmaster John Villasin was pretty clear about what he said to me and i train with him still so i am not really confused.... :)

I am not talking about "counter to counter", but that "grouping system" GM. Atty. Jose Villasin came up with, GM. John Villasin still uses that and just wanted to let me know, that his cousin GM. Ver Villasin does not use the same "grouping system"....I was talking in regards to GM. Atty. Jose Villasin and his "grouping system" system and that GM. Ver Villasin did not complete his training in that and thats why he does not use it. I did not talk about any "complete" Balintawak systems.... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

12. guillermo taboada

HI MR JAN,

OH MY GOSHHHH,,, DID YOU SAY THAT GM VER DID NOT COMPLETE HIS GROUPPING SYSTEM? NOW I AM THE ONE WHO IS CONFUSED. I AM SORRY MR JAN. AND WHY IN THE WORLD THAT IN HIS WORLD WEBSITE GM VER VILLASIN SAYS THAT GRAND MASTER VER VILLASIN THE SON OF THE LATE GREAT GRAND MASTER ATTY. JOSE VILLASIN THE CREATOR OF THE BALINTAWAK GROUPING SYSTEM. IF YOU LOOK AT IT AGAIN AT vervillasinarnis.freeservers.com IF THAT IS NOT TRUE,THEN GRAND MASTER VER VILLASIN WILL ANSWER THOSE LIES.

SINCERLY YOURS TOO
    GRAND MASTER BOBBY TABOADA

13. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

No, i did not say that.....GM. John Villasin the son of GM. Atty. Jose Villasin said that, i just repeated what he told me.... :)
    There is a difference.....

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

14. guillermo taboada

mr jan,

its okey now. Hope you practice more and good at it. And in one month post it again in you tube and see how you progress your trainning. Tell john i say hello.

Gm bobby taboada

15. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

I will tell him this afternon, when i go and train with him again.... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

16. MacJ_007

MacJ_007 Junior Member

Manhattan, why are you stirring the water? It's none of your business. Dont start any politics. Stay away from family feuds. Just improve your skill you have a long ways to go. Thanks.

17. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

I dont stir any waters, i am just being honest nothing else.....There is a big difference...
    I just repeated what GM. John told to me.....

What do you know about my skills, are you within the Villasin System?
    Can you see where i am within his system?

Besides what do you really know about me, do know my Martial Arts background?
    If not let me tell you, i have been within Martial Arts for 14 years and have background within styles like Bujinkan, Ju-Jutsu, Kick-Boxing, Karate and hold a Master 1 degree Black Belt within the Dacayana System (FMA)...
    I can tell you a lot of my background helps me with my training within new styles... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

18. MacJ_007

MacJ_007 Junior Member

If what you are showing in your video with GM Villasin is your current skills, then we can pretty much tell your standing. If you truly understand Balintawak, then you should know your belts or ranks does not matter to us. Thanks.

19. manhattan1

manhattan1 New Member

You do know we are training different from you right?
    I cant really see how you can say like above without knowing our style (Villasin Balintawak) or having tried to train with me....

But maybe the reason i dont jugde people from a few sec. of youtube clips is that i have been within MA for 14 years and knows there can be more to it then the camera shows... :)

Sincerly yours,

jan jensen
    www.fma-arnis.dk

20. Robert Klampfer

Robert Klampfer New Member

Jan:

Other people are trying to be subtle and get the point across to you but, it doesn't seem to be working so, I'm going to use plain language.

There are family issues amongst the sons of the late Mr. Jose Villasin (RIP). I hope you realize that Bobby Taboada knows the Villasin family and knew them before you were even born. He knew both John and Ver when they were just little boys. You seem to disregard that fact and continue as though you have some secret knowledge that he does not just because you train in Cebu. You weren't in Cebu 40 years ago. Bobby was trying to be subtle and polite by suggesting that you contact Ver Villasin yourself rather than you continuing to publicly talk about a subject on which you are incorrect. You're beginning to embarass yourself and your instructor, whether you realize it or not. The Balintawak community is very small and although not many of us participate here on FMA Talk, many do read what goes on here.

I hope that you would take Bobby's advice and gather more information if you're so interested in the Villasin family relationships. Whatever you find, please keep it to yourself. It's extremely bad manners to discuss the specifics of family issues in a public venue.

Robert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.