Tatung Ilustrisimo

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Don Quixote, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Don Quixote

Don Quixote New Member

Alot of the threads below mention Tatung and the weapons they have seen him use or the techniques they have seen him perform. I have not really seen any pictures or video of Tatung and would like to. Since so many people on this board mention seeing Tatung, is there accessable data on the net somwhere?

2. Matt Lim

Matt Lim New Member

Kumusta,
    I've seen two videos of Tatang Ilustrisimo and Tony Diego at the Raymond Floro's site. Google Raymond Floro or Floro Fighting System.

3. JohnJ

JohnJ Senior Member

There were also 2 tapes release with footage of Tatang. A video series from a U.S. company called Lionheart Productions featured Tatang along with many other Masters and Grandmasters. Tatang was in his late 80's, if not already 90. The other tapes were released via Rey Galang on Mandirigma Productions. It featured Tatang and some of his most senior disciples, Masters Tony Diego, Topher Ricketts and Yuli Romo.

Unfortunately, for those who have not seen them...both are no longer released.

JohnJ

4. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

http:/www.fmaforum.org/index.php?showtopic=3

It doesn't include the orginal interview but you get to see Tatang move.

You may need Divx to watch it.

5. Matawguro

Matawguro New Member

The Lionheart Ilustrisimo clip is in WMV format so you don't need DivX. I posted those before i got the Divx codec. I might however convert them to DivX some time in the future.

6. Buwaya

Buwaya Senior Member

Robbie's Da Man!

7. Matt Lim

Matt Lim New Member

The Lionheart video was shot when tatang was very old but you can still learn a lot from it.

8. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

Lionheart Video

Thanks for the link; it's always great to see Tatang Ilustrisimo move. I have the Mandirigma video and refer to it often. Someone once showed me a tape of Tatang Ilustrisimo meeting some of his students in a park. Tony Diego shows up at one point and the first thing Ilustrisimo does is (playfully) poke him in the eye. He pulled the shot of course but it came completely out of the blue.

Best,

Steve Lamade

9. armas

armas Junior Member

Yup Robbie is the da man!

Tatang is very playful. And always a treat to see him move. I always looked forward on my one on one sessions with Tatang. Tatang is also fluid and reactive in movement. He likes to talk about his fights after our session. I give him a stick to mustra/demonstrate the moves he used against his opponent in his stories. I miss Tatang.