Systema Kadochnikova - Self defence (Knife disarm 1-4) Clips

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by arnisador, Nov 6, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Systema Kadochnikova - Self defence (Knife disarm 1)
    [yt]UTCj0lRBIZY[/yt]
    Kadochnikov Systema - Self Defense (Knife disarm 2)
    [yt]rJWsp6RGxTM[/yt]
    Systema Kadochnikova - Self Defense (Knife disarm 3)
    [yt]lBH01zSFnWI[/yt]
    Systema Kadochnikova - Self Defense (Knife disarm4 )
    [yt]N563PO_hoDU[/yt]

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

A different Russian system:
    [yt]Ezwnfq6S18U[/yt]

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Frank Arias:

[yt]I6u4MAM55iI[/yt]

4. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

I don't like talking crap about an MA but Systema??? From the videos I see their disarming techniques can get you killed...

5. What don't you like about them T.P?

From what little I've seen (slow download speed in the P.I) I like them. Manipulating the wrist so the blade is flat against the arm and then the disarm is very similar to K.I concepts I find. Also, you have to figure that the russians do not go in for a lot of the "traditonal" side of the M.A's and I suspect these moves would have been battle tested. I've certainly seen a lot worse dis-arms...

6. The Phalanx

I'm not going to elaborate more on why I don't like it but like what I said, I seen some videos of Systema and the way how they disarm weapons are very risky to say the least...

I would prefer Krav Maga to Systema... If there was a KM school in Hawai'i I probably wouldn't have discovered FMA... I was looking into so many schools in Hawai'i before I joined FMA... I actually joined FMA because of Human Weapon... Mainly because of Lapu Lapu was showcased in it...

BUt Systema, idk... I have to train in it to understand it I guess...

7. gagimilo

gagimilo Member

I have been training in Systema since 2000 and like it quite a bit. Too many people do not understand the reasons for working in the way it is done in Systema (unfortunately that stands for some Systema instructors and practitioners as well).

I'll try to keep it as short as possible, so the bottom line is that it is done in order to find out what is possible, but there is also the work on probable, only not showcased as much.

Also, you need to keep in mind the cultural/geographical background. Namely, in Russia people wear some heavy clothing for a large part of the year, so that in turn has influenced some of the training methods, including those against the knife.

8. fangjian

fangjian Jo Dong

Maybe it's because I suck, well I do suck but, that 2nd video in Arnisadors 1st posting looks impossible. I probably just don't get it.

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I liked some of the Frank Arias material above. But when I see Systema it usually leaves me with doubts. What I see on many of the videos strikes me as...implausible. Yet, several people for whom I have a lot of respect have spoken very positively about it. I'll need to try it hands-on with a practitioner some day!

10. The Phalanx

I notice they wear really thick clothing... Maybe that's why they have so much faith in the arts... But how would their techniques work if you're not wearing a shirt? I mean looking closely at those videos you can easily get cut or even cut an artery...

Not something I would try or even train on considering where I live... I'll stick to my FMA...

Sorry, I'm not impressed with Systema... Those techniques look way too risky for me...

11. Kailat

Kailat KAILAT KOMBATIVES GROUP

Greetings great masters and fellow martial artist.. ; ) j/k no but really, allow me to elaborate on some of the more subtle assets to and quality side of "combative" martial arts as opposed to traditional mindset, ok?

As was stated and I quote; "Also, you need to keep in mind the cultural/geographical background. Namely, in Russia people wear some heavy clothing for a large part of the year, so that in turn has influenced some of the training methods, including those against the knife."......

Ok with that said, I not only agree but need to expand the fact that when the real threat of a knife or edged weapon attack is in occurance, one does not need to feel obligated to play doge ball w/ the blade. Moreso instead you need to advance the weapon at all cost and deliver a more subtle attack that may or may not incorporate a disarm. IN combat you don't go in for the disarm, if at all.. HOwever if and when you understand them and train them you will find them in all essence of battle!! If your wearing thick or several long sleeve clothing, possibly gloves, and or a leather bomber jacket or thick coat. One cannot move in w/ hard line attacks like in KARATE or BOXING but the smooth flowing movements like what you see in SYSTEMA will allow u to move more freely in an actual situation. (thats one aspect)

The other aspect that many fail to see is it's COMBATIVE, there fore your in Military fatigue and or gear. Ie. BDU, Flack-jacket, LBE, Kevelar, webgear, and maybe a backpack (maybe)... nonetheless your movement is limited and therefore your relying on more natural movements such as what you see in Systema, since it's a MILITARY martial fighting system. NOT for the streets as some may see it as.

So in conclusion although you see them playing in slow mo or what not in maybe a pair of bdu pant and top w/ nothing on other than that.. Now imagine a full geared military soldier doing those same moves against a bayonet, or a trench knife w/ the NO FEAR mentality of getting a small abrasion on the arm or wherever when or knicked w/ a blade.. those movements seem more realistic now.. ; )

Thanks again guys. sometimes the obvious is the inobvious.

Cio

12. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Systema knife defense (seen on MT):
    [yt]y-fHZxX3sag[/yt]

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT:

[yt]KnfwZxtVX1o[/yt]
    [yt]xPYrwrMRP08[/yt]
    [yt]s7z83QtS188[/yt]

14. TheSilentOne

TheSilentOne New Member

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  15. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT.

Russian knife training:
    [yt]d-Ti8ZWZx_I[/yt]

16. Paul

Paul New Member

To say you don't like Systema but do like Krav Maga is a bit like saying you don't like apples but you do like Pears.
    All techniques have some element of risk to them, that's why we train as much as possible, to reduce these risks.
    The great thing about these guys is the seminars, I would recommend going to at least one, there you are encouraged to question what they do and if you have an issue with a technique or think you can do better, you'll be up proving yourself with them in no time, and if you truly don't like something, no worries, there's a hundred more where the first one came from.
    Leave your ego at the door and have a good time training with some of the nicest people ever to kick your ass, remember all (well most) of these guys were active special forces at some point and they're still around to not talk about it.
    If you do go (and you really should) you will come away with something useful, more than can be said for a lot of seminars I've been on.