Syllabus

Discussion in 'Pedoy's Derobio Escrima' started by Shaun, May 15, 2008.

1. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Hi Guys.Is there a main emphasis in Pedoy's Derobio Escrima?

By this I mean, do you split the syllabus up equally between various edged and impact weapons,or is there more of an emphasis in one area?

2. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

I suggest that you read all of the threads on Pedoy's Derobio Escrima, there will be many answers to your questions here. Just read those that should help a bit. Especially the threads that are by MChief, those give history and techniques. Otherwise try to find where is the closest school near you. Mahalo

3. The Phalanx

The Phalanx FMA's Frank Lucas

From my short time there they worked a lot on defense and counters... Very effective and destructive art... Also simple to learn...

Maybe I'll be back one day... Whenever I get time to make the schedule for classes again... I know some students don't like the idea that I left... Some even deleted me from their friends list on myspace...

4. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Check out this whole forum, read all of the threads, you will get info. Derobio is defense oriented, it is designed to counter. You should at least try to get to San Diego - PSE Combat Acadeny- you've got to actually train to learn the syllabus.

5. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Derobio Teaching

Evade, move behind the power, then respond with equal or greater force. The force is equal to the strength of the attack. No more or less.
    mchief

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

This is a big difference in mindset between other arts and the FMAs! When I came to arnis from Karate, I expected to be given a sheet listing what must be learned in order to advance. But many cultures aren't quite as formal as the Japanese, and Prof. Presas was mostly interested in how I moved. It took me a while to "relax" about this--I was so used to working from a curriculum sheet.

7. Rapier

Rapier RHC

There is a curriculum to the system and a progression to learning the different aspects of this art. But this is held in the strictest confidence and is not let out of the schools as there has been a problem with plagiarism in the past, where schools that had no connection or affiliation had gotten a hold of some of our material and were teaching without being authorized to do so. Also to answer your question, the system tries to cover as many areas as possible, and to really get an insight to what we do you must see it to appreciate it.

8. RHC Chaz

RHC Chaz Tuhon Chaz

My grandfather taught in a very progressive and fluid manner in which one aspect directly reflects and flows into the next - from garrotte to bolo to daga to mano. To directly answer and simplify, our empahsis is to be passive and fight behind one's power. Upon this methodology we are able to flow into many counter-minded defensive and offensive tactics.