Syllabus? Guideline? List of ranks and requirements to achieve them?

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by SomethingClever, May 1, 2011.

1. SomethingClever

SomethingClever New Member

So I started studying the Doce Pares style of FMA, and I know the "Syllabus" is different with different teachers, but is there a general outline of the ranks and what has to be learned to get to the next level? The place i learn at is kinda informal because there aren't many students (I count 8 including myself, and 2 guys at instructing level). I ask because i kinda wanna be the "overachieving student" and get a sneak peak at what's ahead.

2. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

Syllabus by means of achieving rank:

1. Skill execution
    2.Speed coordination
    3. Knowledge
    4. Challenge ( Depends on your system)
    5. Learnt skills.

3. GB-UK

GB-UK New Member

There is a syllabus here, also a guide to the sayaw.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Doce Pares comes in so many forms that it's almost like asking for a 'Karate syllabus' I think!

5. SomethingClever

SomethingClever New Member

Well my master's name is Ron something. I don't know his last name, and when i looked up the official doce pares website, his name wasn't listed as an official instructor. But this guy served in the Philippine Army, supposedly special forces. He kinda teaches more than just Doce Pares, because he said it was a hybrid system he came up with that has regular eskrima, and aikido, judo, etc. So i don't know. He doesn't teach as much, his right hand guy and left hand guy do most of the teaching, but he does observe and he'll jump in every now and then. I mean, he teaches kids classes all day (taekwondo), and he also has a day job (security guard @ a housing project on the south side of chicago), so its understandable that he just chills for the most part.

That's why I kinda don't know what the hell's going on and why I haven't been able to actually ask him what the hell is about to happen.

6. LegendLoLo

LegendLoLo New Member

I cannot say that plagiarism is good. Of course the original would be better than the pirated one but if you see that what he teaches is good. Why not?

7. GB-UK

GB-UK New Member

I don't suppose anyone downloaded a copy of the syllabus in my link above as I've lost my copy and the link is dead now.