Summer Camp 08 in Alberta

Discussion in 'Kali Ilustrisimo' started by Phil Mar Nadela, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

2. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Ilustrisimo summer camp

Have fun at the Ilustrisimo summer camp in Alberta. I am sure you will enjoy and learn from it as I have. Very simple and direct. Let me know how it goes.

3. Phil Mar Nadela

I know, I’m really excited. I spoke to Guro Sonny Padilla yesterday and talked about the summer camp (Even hinted to me that there will be a competition next year!). I told him that I will try to compete and survive one round [​IMG].
    I will try to do a little write up here on how it went out, but I’m sure that it won't disappoint.

Phil

4. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Hi Phil,

I had the opportunity to attend several Ilustrisimo seminars by Norman Suanico and Sonny Padilla. I really learned a lot from them. No sophisticated moves. Everything is easy to learn and apply. I highly recommend their Level 1 and 2 single stick/sword program.

Train hard,

Louie

5. Phil Mar Nadela

Louie,

The Kali Academy Martial Arts camp was outstanding! Not only that you get great introduction to Ilustrisimo style but great food as well (Guro Sonny provided Lechong Baboy-Roast pig for dinner). And lots of Beer!

The people that attended were from all over Alberta. (The Calgary Arnis de Cadena group and KPC group from Edmonton attended).

I will post pictures soon(Media Gallery section) and maybe a video.

Phil

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  6. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Ilustrisimo

Hi Phil,

Glad to note you enjoyed the Ilustrisimo summer camp hosted and taught by Sonny Padilla and Maestro Norman Suanico.

I recommend that you work on the basic's that you learned from them.

Me and my group here in Vancouver continue to work on the fundamentals of the Ilustrisimo system weekly since 1996.

The hallmark of the Ilustrisimo system is its simplicity, directness and functionality.

Mastery of the basics and building a solid foundation is the key.

Train hard,

Louie

7. Phil Mar Nadela

Just posted a few pics in the Media Gallery. I will post the videos soon.

8. Raul

Raul Mananandata

More power to mang Norman and KI Canada.

9. Deep Fat Friar

Deep Fat Friar New Member

Thanks for the pics. Bring on the videos! :D

10. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Norman Suanico

Hi Raul,

Yes, Manong Norman Suanico is doing an excellent job in promoting and teaching the Ilustrisimo system here in Canada, specifically in the provinces of Alberta and British Columbia.

Regards,

Louie

11. Phil Mar Nadela

12. oosh

oosh Junior Member

Thanks for sharing :)

13. eome

eome Junior Member

Thanks for the clips. more power and good health to mang norman and mang sonny.

14. RETIRADA

RETIRADA New Member

Norman Suanico and Sonny Padilla are doing an excellent job in promoting and sharing the art of Ilustrisimo here in Western Canada.

We appreciate it very much.

Mabuhay ang Ilustrisimo system sa Canada !

From all the FMA practitioners here in Vancouver.