Sulong Championship

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by NAGA, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taken

taken New Member

sulong championships inside kung fu and cancer kids

hello everyone check out this months inside kung fu issue now on the stands we are featured in the main events .thank you editor dave caters also this is a charity event for kids with cancer .last year we helped a family and its child receive housing and cancer treatments for a entire week this kind of event helps people just like you with the expense bills that come along with cancer related problems it helps out everyone no one gets turned away we were awarded a silver medal last year please help us bring back the gold.we will have plenty of media coverge here if your looking to get reconized we are it. remember dreams do come true

2. taken

taken New Member

sulong championships 2008

every one please go to view new post and read about the geat things we are doing .remember this is the original sulong championships being held in new lenox il you will have a varity of events to enter go to are other web site www.bushido-martial-arts.com or call 1-815-922-6319

3. taken

taken New Member

The Origanal Sulong Championships

HI EVERY ONE IF YOU ARE COMING FROM OUT OF TOWN WE WILL HELP YOU GET SET UP. ALSO CHECK US OUT WERE IN INSIDE KUNG FU THIS MONTH ALSO THIS IS A CHARTITY EVENT FOR CANCER KIDS.HELP US BRING HOME THE GOLD .CALL FOR MORE INFO AT 1-815-922-6319 OR GO TO WWW.BUSHIDO-MARTIAL-ARTS.COM.

4. taken

taken New Member

The Origanal Sulong Championships

HI EVERY ONE CHECK US OUT YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED WE ARE A QUALITY EVENT WE ARE IN INSIDE KUNG FU AND OTHER PUBLICATIONS.THIS IS ALSO A CHARITY EVENT FOR KIDS WITH CANCER OUR VENUE IS NO1.ANY QUESTIONS CALL NORMAN BASILE AT 1-815-922-6319 0R GO TO WWW.BUSHIDO-MARTIAL-ARTS.COM ALSO MR BRIAN BUZZ SMITH WILL BE RUNNING OR FMA RING THIS YEAR. WE ARE A MULTI DICIPLINE TOURNAMENT CHECK OUT ALL THE EVENTS YOU HAVE TO ENTER.

5. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Admin Note:

Threads have been combined.

6. taken

taken New Member

The Original Sulong Championships

HI EVERY ONE WE ARE ON. THIS IS A QUALITY EVENT DO NOT SETTLE FOR LESS.CALL 1815-922-6319 OR WWW.BUSHIDO-MARTIAL-ARTS.COM

7. Nautilus

Nautilus New Member

This is going to be the 4th tournement. I've been to the previous tournaments and watched them grow exponentially! This year should prove to be the largest yet! A video of me up against some fierce competition 2yrs ago:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0SBF2hW5ec

8. lady

lady New Member

Sulong Championships

I Wiil Be Attending The 4th Annual Sulong Championships In New Lenox Il It Will Be The Event Of The Year I Hope All My Fma Sisters Will Plan On Attending.we Need More Of Us Out There Competing.sulong Is About Unity Moving Foward To Bring Us All Under One Roof Instead Of Seperating Them I Know Fma Has Improved My Karate Skills 100% I Love Both The Arts. And Every One Can Gain Knowledge From Anyone .think Outside The Box As I Was Once Told.i Would Like To Here From More Of Fma Sisters Out There Contact Me At starzs2@prodigy.net looking Foward To Seeing Every One Oct 12th 2008.

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Good luck!

10. taken

taken New Member

Sulong Championships New Lenox

Just Three Weeks Left To The Sulong Championships In New Lenox Il. Its Looking To Be Our Biggest Yet With 5 New Organzations Backing Us Looking Forward To Some Great Competion Hope To See You There Bushido Martial Arts And Sulong Always Moving Foward Call 1-815-922-6319.

11. lilsb86

lilsb86 New Member

sulong championships

I am extremely excited about this upcomming event. I am looking forward to meeting new people, I came to the sulong tournament last year and it was a great experience. I made many new friends and met a lot a great people. Contact Norm and Marcia 815 922 6319, for any furthur informantion. I recomend this tounament highly. ALL OTHERS ARE
    IMITATION!!

12. taken

taken New Member

New Lenox Sulong Championships

Check Out The New Viedo On You Tube Of The Sulong Championships In New Lenox On Oct12th 2008 Call For Info At 815-922-6319 Ask For Norm

13. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Admin. Note.

We've merged some related threads into this one. We ask everyone to keep the discussion polite and professional.

-Arnisador
    -FMAT Admin

14. Nautilus

Nautilus New Member

15. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

"Oh man"?

After just watching the video, I don't think that this is the proper target market for competitors that have a lack of:footwork, in-fighting, ground fighting and/or weaponry skills. If you practice sticking your limbs out that far in these systems, they will be broken and/or cut off. It is very obvious that the promoter of this tournament holds NO RANK IN ANY S.E. Asian system. But at least you have Buzz on there to promote your lie. In this footage, Buzz is the only one that knows how to move. You will have a beeter chance getting practitioners from the commercialized systems and forums.

By by the way, YOUR PDF on YOUR website is a BIG LIE as well. You are using Brother John's name, my Grand Tuhon's name and my name with out our permission as well as knowing WE WILL NOT BE THERE. THAT IS FRAUD and I WILL make sure that everyone in your MA community will find out quickly that YOU ARE A LIAR and FRAUD if our names do not come off of YOU FALSE PDF immediately.

SULONG fits you well since your lies continue to progress!

Sincerely, Guro Mike Snow

16. Nautilus

Nautilus New Member

Mr. Snow,

I take offense on your direct angst toward my personal post. Your tone clearly shows you attitude and spirit for other martial artist and their respective organizations.

Let's not beat around the bush and set the record straight. No footage of FMA was shown, so it's not reasonable to compare fighting styles. The FMA portion of the tournament was not used in respect for 'brother John' to not use his likeness in the video. Yes, John was a participant in that tournament which you call a lie.

I'm promoting the Sulong Championship and held rank in an S.E. Asian Martial Art. I have the certificates to prove it. Signed by 'brother John'. I'm not sure if they're valid any longer, but I don't believe I have forgoten my teachings in these last two months.

Your names have been remove from the false PDF's. Thanks for the proofreading.

17. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

On 10/2 Nautilus wrote "I'm promoting the Sulong Championship "

Previously in this thread you posted a link to my Youtube video to help promote this tournament on 8/26.
    Fine with me. The only people in it were you, me and John.
    It was listed as "Chicago Stickfighting 06" No event names were attached. It is what it is. Footage of a contest in Chicago.
    Now SULONG (I'll have to guess who that is but we know who is claiming to actually outright OWN this word. Am I in some sort of trouble for typing it here?) has reported a copyright violation with youtube and on the basis of this baseless assertion they have to take it down. (The Sulong Organization did not even exist at that time. We met about it much later to discuss it's founding.)
    Why? Were you aware? I had your verbal agreement to post this well over a year ago to help promote last year's tournament.
    Are you now recinding this agreement? Why not just let me know?
    And I own this footage. Taken with MY camera by Bill Anderson. There were no videotaping waivers required or offered at the time and no notifications that it was not allowed at an event open to the PUBLIC where I paid the organizer of the tournament my hard earned money.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2008
  18. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

It seems that there is confusion over what/who/how copyright works. As a professional web designer, web host and photographer, I know a bit about them. I'm not a lawyer, so none of this should be taken as legal advice.

Regarding words, you can't copyright them. Says so right on the US Copyright site.

Regarding photos taken at a PUBLIC event, these tend to fall under "Does the photo subject expect privacy?" and "Is it a question of national security?" as well as journalism rules. So you can go there and take pictures and post them in a news sense without worry in most cases. Stating "These are from the XYZ event" doesn't violate law.

Video tends to fall into the same category.

You may attend an event, and take photos and video as you will, IF THE EVENT ALLOWS IT, and post it, and usually be within the law. You can't sneak into the ladies rest room however as there is an expectation of privacy, you can't shoot up a womans skirt, because there is an expectation of privacy, and you can't shoot on the bridge of the latest military attack cruiser because it's a matter of national security. A karate competition? It's neither private nor a security issue, so shoot away. If they tell you to stop, then stop, otherwise they can ask you to leave, and if you dont you're then trespassing. But that's got nothing to do with copyright.

As to who owns the word "Sulong", a Norman Basile applied for a registration to trademark the term "SULONG" on 2008-09-17, in regards to it's use as a registered service mark for "Entertainment services in the nature of live mixed martial arts (MMA) events; Martial arts instruction; Operating of martial arts' schools; Operating of martial arts' studios; Organizing live mixed martial arts events and competitions; Presentation of mixed martial arts (MMA) events" with a first use claim of 2007-09-14. This application is currently pending and has neither been accepted nor rejected as of the last update to the USPTO system 2008-09-29.

In my opinion, if it's passed, it simply restricts someone else from naming a MMA event, school or organization SULONG. It doesn't stop you from calling your car dealership that however, and prior use by other parties would probably factor in, as would it's being a common word.

But discussing the Sulong event, or the "Sulong Negosyo" or the "Sulong CARHRIHL" or or "Wong Sulong" or even the "The Parit Sulong Massacre" violate no copyright or trademark laws.

A better use of everyone's time would be to repair the damage in the martial arts community that the actions of a few and resulting anger backlash are causing. Much of the crap that's been tossed up concerning this and the now former "NagaSulong" event should have been handled offline, and in a more professional manner.

Again, none of the above should be construed as legal advice, nor official FMATalk policy. I'm speaking as myself, from my experience.

19. The Boss

The Boss I am the Law! Supporting Member

Admin Note-

This thread is becoming to volatile. It is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.