Sulong Championship

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by NAGA, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

Hello Everyone! Just a reminder that we will also be having another Sandata Show at the 2008 SULONG CHAMPIONSHIP.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

We will also be giving a "TOP DOG" Prize for best collection. The "TOP DOG SANDATA PRIZE" will not be based on the size of amount of money you spent on your collection. But the Rarity and Historical Value of your collection. So as long as Dr. Sanadata aka Jonathan. LOL Other collectors will stand a chance. [​IMG]

Sulong, Mike

2. NAGA

NAGA Member

Oct. 12 2008!

Hello All,
    Save the date of October 12 2008 as it is the date of the upcoming SULONG Championship! It will be held at the New Lenox VFW hall 323 Old Hickory RD. New lenox Il, 60451. This year in the Pacific Island Division Prizes will be bigger and better and competition helps everyone move forward. So the simple question is, are you coming or are you still stuck in a rut? So keep watching this thread as updates will be coming fast and furious! Grand Tuhon Tortal will be demonstrating at this years event and other guests will be announced in the near future.... So for further information one can contact Bushido Martial arts at (815) 922-6319 or go www.Bushido-Martial-arts.com the website will be updated shortly with rules and downloadable registeration forms....

Thanks,
    John

3. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Best of luck on the event John. Your doing a fantastic job promoting the FMA. Depending on my schedule or should I say the impending schedule of my child being born..I may be able to make this one. Great job bro..keep it up.

4. NAGA

NAGA Member

New video of Pacific Island ring competitors doing forms from last year's tournament. The Pacific Island ring is open to players of Hawaiian martial arts (i.e Lua), Indonesian martial arts (i.e. pencak silat) and Filipino martial arts (i.e. kali, escrima, arnis).

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wVUpJJ2hk6s

5. NAGA

NAGA Member

So... Does anybody have an opinion on this video? How, about ideas and thoughts etc......??

Thanks,
    John

6. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Hey John,

I like the video and it was good seeing Buzz do his thing. (always fun [​IMG]) I do not know everyone else on the video but I would like to see the karate'ish movement go away from Filipino Carenza. Or I would at least hope that they would not be marked up because of flash and dash. If it looks like it came from a point karate devision or musical kata well it probably is not all that filipino.

As to the Sulong well you know I am coming [​IMG] and hoping to bring a few stick bangers with me. It will be different as we like to go full contact with rattan but hey any training is always fun! [​IMG] Plus it will give them a chance to really get after it with some different people!

The Sulong is definately the Midwests premier event so lets all get out and support it! [​IMG] Plus hey it is in Chicago! Have to love that! [​IMG]

7. tim_stl

tim_stl Junior Member

i agree with brian. i'm going to do my best to make it up to chicago for the sulong championship this year. it's a shame i missed it last year.

tim

8. Mariah

Mariah Lean, Mean when necessary

I love the video and I am honored to be a part of it. You did a great job with the music and transitions. Last years event was great fun and everyone was very nice and I was made to feel very welcome and "
    one of the boys"! I would encourage anyone who does the Pacific Island Arts to come out and have some fun!

PS I even posted the video to my blog!
    www.stickgirrl.blogspot.com

9. robertlk808

robertlk808 Member

Nice clip. I used to live in Illinois (Southern IL, Belleville) Havent been home in a long while though.

Cool Blog Mariah, keep stickin' it to 'em!

Aloha

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  10. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Everyone,
    I also hear Mariah will be competing on the Karate (pronounced Koorotay by the rest of us) so they better look out.....

Thanks,
    John

11. yomitche

yomitche New Member

I have gotten some info passed on to me about this tournament and wanted to find out about the stick fighting divisions. Are there divisions for both padded and live weapons? Single and double? Thanks!

12. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    All the divisions are single weapon padded except for forms, but NO live weapons please.... For further information you can call (815) 922-6319 Bushido Martial arts or visit www.Bushido-Martial-Arts.com for further updates and to request a copy of the rules.....

Thanks,
    John

13. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

When will the rules and registration forms be posted?

14. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello All,
    We will shortly be posting rules and sign up sheets for the tournament. Nevertheless, you can request a packet by emailing Norm at the Bushido website www.Bushido-Martial-arts.com do not forget we can also fax you the information as well...

Thanks,
    John

15. taken

taken New Member

Sulong Tournement

HI TO EVERY ONE OUT THERE WE ARE TWO MONTHS AWAY FROM THE SULONG CHAMPIONSHIPS OCT 12TH 2008 ALL REGISTRATION FORMS CAN NOW BE DOWN LOADED AT WWW.BUSHIDO-MARTIAL-ARTS.COM ANY QUESTIONS CALL NORMAN BASILE AT 1-815-922-6319 WE ARE LOOKING FOWARD TO SEEING EVERY ONE THERE.

16. yomitche

yomitche New Member

I'm really looking forward to participating in this tournament (as it's probably one of the largest I will have been to/in)... out of curiousity, though - how many contestants does this event draw? Just wondering, cause I guess the more the better, but was just curious. I'm looking forward to a great event with plenty of competition!

17. Kali Cowboy

Kali Cowboy New Member

It is the FMA event!
    Shoot a PM or email to John Bednarski.
    Forms for the FMA event will be out soon.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  18. taken

taken New Member

The Original 4th Annual Sulong Championships

The FMA ring for the October 12th Sulong championships is STILL on. The person that will be running the ring is Guro Buzz Smith from Michigan. He is capable, competent, and an excellent FMA martial artist. If you want a quilaty event with honest people, great awards, good judging and a great atomosphere, come join us. This is the 4th annual ORIGINAL Sulong championships. The fantastic four of THE CHICAGO KUKRI DRILL TEAM will be performing along with other mind blowing demonstrations. There will be food , beverages, and fun for everyone.
    We are a sanctioned USAKF and Alliance event, the biggest in the country. DON'T SETTLE FOR ANYTHING LESS THAN THIS.

19. taken

taken New Member

St Jude's Children Research Hospital

The Sulong Championships Are A Benefit For St Judes Research Hospital, The Danny Thomas Foundation For Cancer Kids.

20. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

We now have two tournaments on the same weekend. Which one should you attend? I will most likely be attending the Nagasulong Championship. I’m not taking sides in this little squabble. My choice is based on the fact that GT Tortal will not be at the Sulong tournament. I’m not 100% yet. I have some youth competitor whom would like to compete. Before we make the commitment I would like to see what the divisions are going to be like and if the rules have changed. Looking forward to receiving more Intel.

P.S. John, give me a call when you get the chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.