Student, 10, Arrested After Cutting Food With Knife.

Discussion in 'FMA in the News' started by arnisador, Dec 15, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT:

Student Arrested After Cutting Food With Knife

10-Year-Old Charged With Possession Of Weapon On School Property

Well, this is where we are in the year 2007. Certainly she shouldn't have a steak knife in school in this day in age, I guess, but...arrested?

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I've read so many other stories like this since then, it's depressing!

3. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

That is outrageous........

What happened to, "Oh honey now give me that knife and please don't bring another one because it is just not safe at school." Then call her parents to inform them of the situation and schools corporation policies. As well as returning their steak knife.

When I was in elementary school I used to carry a tille 3 1/2 inch Case pocket knife that my father gave to me. It was a gift to my father from my grandfather. I come from a family of German craftsmen, so my father alway to carry a multipurpose knife as a ready tool when I was a kid. During recess we use to break sticks of the old tree on the playground and carve faces and designs in them. The worst that ever happened was the pricipal saying, "Don't you boys get cut now or you won't be able to carry'em anymore. So put them back in your pockets where they belong." Mr. Duley was cool old guy and WW II vet to boot. What happened to that kind of teacher and school administrator. And what happened to the law enforcement officer that made us threaten to call our fathers, that really put the fear in me when that happened. What happened to the teachers that would put their arm around us, give us a little shake full of excitement and say, "great job!" Are those days gone?

Any word on what happened to this poor little girl that they are trying to ruin and brand as a felon Arnisador?

4. R. Mike Snow

R. Mike Snow Chiseled Edge

That is outrageous........

What happened to, "Oh honey now give me that knife and please don't bring another one because it is just not safe at school." Then call her parents to inform them of the situation and schools corporation policies. As well as returning their steak knife.

When I was in elementary school I used to carry a tille 3 1/2 inch Case pocket knife that my father gave to me. It was a gift to my father from my grandfather. I come from a family of German craftsmen, so my father alway to carry a multipurpose knife as a ready tool when I was a kid. During recess we use to break sticks of the old tree on the playground and carve faces and designs in them. The worst that ever happened was the pricipal saying, "Don't you boys get cut now or you won't be able to carry'em anymore. So put them back in your pockets where they belong." Mr. Duley was cool old guy and WW II vet to boot. What happened to that kind of teacher and school administrator. And what happened to the law enforcement officer that made us threaten to call our fathers, that really put the fear in me when that happened. What happened to the teachers that would put their arm around us, give us a little shake full of excitement and say, "great job!" Are those days gone?

Any word on what happened to this poor innocent little girl that they are trying to ruin and brand as a felon Arnisador? It would not surprise me if they charge her as an adult and give 30 years with no chance for parole.

5. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander Junior Member

I know I am late on this, but after living in the UK for the last 8 years, where EVERYTHING is banned if it is used once by an idiot, and carrying a knife is a MASSIVE no-no.

I used to carry a Barlow folder when I was a kid.
    Where I came from in the south, a knife was a TOOL and lord help you if you even joked about it otherwise!
    What happened to "education" about such things?
    Does everyone want to end up like the UK where the nanny state decides for you?
    This little girl did nothing but use a pocket knife as a TOOL.
    In my day as a kid, you got punished for what you did, not what you MIGHT do. Who determines that?
    In the UK, they honestly believe the object is the root of all evil,hence the reason they ban every damn thing in sight.
    There is NO WAY possible an actual person can be the problem,can there?!
    On a side note, they( the met police and scotland yard) have finally admitted that all the surveilance cameras in the world are only stopping 3% or less of crime. (stuff that in your big brother!)
    But anyway....

could education be the answer or a nanny state?

I dunno.....

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Hellsbelle

I remember when I was going to school in arkansas and was actively working on the farm that my grandparents had.. We always carried a knife with us and even at school we would have mumbly peg competition (which for the new generation was a game where we would throw a knife at each other's foot and get the other opponent to spread out as far as the knife would stick with out losing his balance). It was a right of passage for your grandpa or your dad to hand you one of his old knives for use and keep while on the farm to cut hay bails or to open sacks of grain for the pigs or cattle when feeding time came.. Many a time I used my knife to whittle (carve for you northerners) stuff form the boy scouts and even use when camping...
    My first knife was a barlow with a sheepsfoot blade and a regular toothpick blade for cutting limbs and such to roast hot dogs and marshmallows when we would be camping out or to open the grain bags..
    My dad and I used to haul live stock and timber to various parts of the midsouth area which ran from Marion Illinois to Little Rock and other places in between.. It was a way to put food on the table and become self reliant with out having to be on welfare and such.. It meant a lot of long weekends on the road, but during the time it was part of growing up and understanding where and how to make a buck to feed your family during the times when I was young..

Nothing wrong with carrying a knife as a kid, but it just the attitude of the Hippies and baby boomers who had their silver spoons shoved up their @ss instead of in their mouth which makes it a criminal offense to carry a tool that is needed to cut the bread or in this case cafeteria food in the school..

It is political correctness of the american society which is making the people who have to do manual labor to put food on the table chastised as criminals when they decide to work instead of becoming another boil on the @ss of society in providing their families with the tools to survive in today's world community

Nuff said