Stickman Sticks

Discussion in 'General' started by Brad Wa, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Brad Wa

Brad Wa New Member

Hey everyone. First post.

Anyway I'm curious what you guys think of the Stickman sticks. I just got a pair of "shadow" sticks and I'm pretty pleased so far with how durable they are. Time will tell how long they last, though. I've heard of some people breaking theirs after one crack forms..

As long as it lasts long enough to make up for several rattan sticks, I'll be happy.

2. geezer

geezer Member

Let me know how they work out for you. I'm still a fan of cheap rattan from Frank's Cane (although I haven't bought any in a while). When they start to weaken I just tape them tightly with electical tape. With a couple layers of tape they last pretty long and the tape adds a bit of weight too.

Spending a lot on sticks would be a dumb idea for me since I'm always loosing them. This way if I leave one at the park or if another guy grabs mine by mistake, I'm only out a few bucks.

3. rayman

rayman New Member

I have a panther and a two shadow sticks made by Jeff Finder. Both are great for training although you have to get used to a bit of vibration. Depends on who you play with, I like lighter sticks for speed and when working out with younger or less experienced students. If I'm playing with heavy hitters I would switch to larger diameter rattan or kamagong.

4. rayman

rayman New Member

After some thought, I have decided a heavy stick may result in a weak check hand. For the short term, I have given up Kamagong and heavy rattan for Jeff "Stickman" Finder's light weight synthetic panther. A lighter stick seems to develop a stronger check hand. What do you think.........?