Steven Seagal: Lawman (A&E Reality Series).

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by arnisador, Dec 3, 2009.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I watched the first episode tonight. For the most part it was what I expected--Steven Seagal's ego being showcased for a half-hour while other people are taking down criminals--but I was surprised to see during range training what an excellent shot he is.

However, they are portraying his martial arts abilities as giving him near-psychic powers, including using special effects for when he "flashes" on something. That's pretty pathetic.

I've just started episode 2, which looks like it'll show him teaching martial arts to the officers.

2. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Arnisador I liked the show. And I hope that all my years of training has helped me in my threat analysis of indivuals one may come in contact with. Isn't that part of the training? Of course they had to vamp it up a bit..TV is entertainment and with out a vamping it would all suck butter milk. Seagal is a hell of a pistol shot and his use of zen is to me an intersting premise. The martial art episode was good. Like him or not Seagal is highly skilled.

So for people who don't like Seagal for whatever reason will find fault in the show, that's to be expected. For those of us who like him we will enjoy the show...it comes down to taste. Some like apples others rubarb.

3. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

I liked it and found it hilarious in some parts. [​IMG] I will watch it again for fun as it is likes COPS with Steven Seagal!

4. MPC1257

MPC1257 New Member

I was pretty amazed at his shooting ability also. Assuming it wasn't done in multiple takes. Of course the show is going to make him some mystical cop otherwise nobody will watch it. That said, I did enjoy it and if nothing else is on I will continue to watch.

He should lay off the donuts though, he looks really out of shape.

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

The "flashing" on things was done up so much it was pretty distracting to me--as though he was actually psychic. But I just finished the second episode and it was better--the flashing was toned down and there was more martial arts content as he trained people! He certainly moves well for a man his size and I enjoyed watching that part.

6. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Of course it helps when you are the director of the series.. I watched both episodes the first night and again last night (friday our time).. Some good stuff and some not so good.. What I found funny is that when they were in the pursuit of the car jacker, his right seat navigating is pretty much the same way we do it when we respond to a situation that requires us to run code.. The driver tells him to let him drive and seagal comes back with the comment "Just pointing out the holes" so they can avoid other traffic.. Waiting to see what happens next week.. Should be real interesting Oh yeah, notice that he is carrying a 1911 as his duty piece, that man has good taste

7. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

He's a COP..it comes with the territory....lol....He is a big bastard and quick as snot on a door knob! I had the pleasure of attending an aikido seminar he did some 4 years back. He moves well, very well...yes he is cocky but the man has skills. Like it or not!

And Billy..a very nice 1911....it looked like a Nighthawk Custom.....

8. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

9. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Meanwhile...

Naperville gets a reality check

TV show about female cops leads to 2 lawsuits by people who say they didn't approve appearances