State of Sikaran today?

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by Bob Hubbard, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

What's the current state of Sikaran today? Reading the Wiki entry it seems like it's big, but I don't see much about it online. I've seen a little of it and it seems interesting, but there's no schools near me to check it out further.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I think one issue is that some people treat it as it own complete art while others treat it as a subsystem within a bigger art. I've heard both 'sipa' and 'sikaran' used to refer to the kicking component of some FMAs but those who practice Sikaran as a stand-alone art seem to have a different and more comprehensive approach to the material!

3. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

I know that it is growing here in the New England area of the USA but can not speak for any where else.

I also know that at least one group of Sikaran practictioners have more or less been told not to post online by their fomer ( read deceased) GM and the present GM. Why, I have never figured out, maybe thats why I was always getting into trouble when I belonged to it.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Too bad they won't post! It could help grow interest in the art.

5. cebusikaran

cebusikaran New Member

Sikaran is very much alive here in the Philippines...Global Sikaran for example is propagating the art in Cebu City...

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm glad it's popular somewhere! I wish we had more practitioners posting here.

7. Leopard

Leopard New Member

in truth now in 2015 I see it growing in Massachusetts and Vermont but slowly losing people in NH

I hope that in the rest of the world it is growing.
    How are the number in Canada these days Growing I hope