Spring Gathering Of The Tribes

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by kuntawguro, Apr 28, 2008.

1. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Mike
    Ain't it the truth bro. You have to take it in stride, that is what makes a family a family... The birth of your first born is a real world awakening, it takes you from the happy go lucky dweeb prior to the birth to the over protective SOB that will get ready to fight at the drop of a hat if someone even looks at your wife or kid wrong.. The birth of an infant is one of the best things that you can have in your life.

You hosting tea parties will be just another adventure in watching your daughter grow up, you will be come her best friend and at times her worst enemy. But remember, no matter what happens, she is your child and even at 6'4" 300lbs tattooed, she will have you wrapped around her little finger the first time she looks at you and melt your heart when she first says "mama" or "dada".

But remember, even though the raising of a child can be a road full of bumps and potholes, it is part of being a father and family.

2. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

Dayum, Mike did all that just to get out of coming to the gathering?

3. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Yepp....Nah just kidding..in all actuality having a baby was a surprise to me and to her...the doc told us a couple of years back that I was shooting blanks..turns out he was wrong as rain.

Eventually I will roll up that way and share what little I have with the fine folks who attend. I look forward to it.

4. kuntawguro

It is almost that time of year agian for the spring gathering of the tribes. I am looking forward to it- Guro Mike is "supposed " to show up this time.

5. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Sounds like a good line up! [​IMG]

6. kuntawguro

7. tellner

tellner New Member

Damn. I really really wish we had the money.

8. kuntawguro

I guess Mike Blackgrave is finally going to make it to this one.

9. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Only the shadow knows...........

10. kuntawguro

I am wondering what excuse the shadow will find this time...... he he

11. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

No excuses..if I can come I will..if not oh well...times are tough..cash is lean..a new baby..a thirteen year old son..1 income...the math may or may not add up for me. If I can swing it I will be there. I don't make excuses!

12. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Do you still have openings. It seemed from the second post that the gathering was filled. If it is still open let me know.

13. kuntawguro

There is always a place to shoe horn ya in
    generally somebody backs out at the last minute- come - enjoy- have fun beating on people!!!

14. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Could me and my friend come to you to learn more? I would love to come over to GR. We know sumbrada and most of what is done in Inosantos group. Would we be out of context? Or would we be learning more?

15. kuntawguro

There is so much stuff to learn and experiment with. Beginners and adavnced people all walk away with something....

16. kuntawguro

The gathering went well. We had the largest crowd since it's begging 10 yrs ago. The knife making session was full and a nice array of knives came out of this workshop. People from Colorado, California, Florida all made the trip. Na na na na na na if you missed it. Topics covered- Silat, Kuntao, Kuntaw, knifemaking, sword and shield, boxing, impact defense, and how to stuff down ribs....... Great time, great people, and I will be back again next year- for sure.

17. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

That's great!

18. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Awesome Buzz! Glad you had a good time!

19. kuntawguro

20. kuntawguro

It is that time again the gathering of the tribes is on me
    morial day weekend. This will be the tenth gathering and looks to be the biggest yet. Each year we seem to attract more crazy people with sticks knive and strange weapons. Come and enjoy the comradery and the madness