Source for Doce Pares Uniform?

Discussion in 'Doce Pares' started by James, Nov 11, 2006.

1. James

James Crescent City Eskrima

Does anyone have a source for Doce Pares uniforms? My original school now only uses tshirts and black pants, but I'm interested in finding a more traditional uniform for demos and seminars.

2. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

Doce Pares Uniform

James,

Check out www.docepares.net, they have what you need and more.

3. nash

nash New Member

I didn't realize there was really a "traditional" uniform for the FMA. I have always used a t-shirt and pants to practice in, but had the more common Judo Gi that most schools use. There are two things you can do, Froogle search for uniforms or look into Century Martial Arts uniforms. Also look into http://www.discountmas.com for some uniforms that are at a discount.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2006
  4. James

Many styles use a short jacket or vest that stops at the waist and has short or 3/4 inch sleeves. A tshirt is usually worn under the vest. I've seen long pants or "short" pants - my Dad called them "patadyung" worn with the vest.

The Doce Pares uniform is unique to itself as far as I know. Both branches wear the uniform, although much less so the Cacoy lineage these days FWIW.

5. junior eskrimador

Doce Pares Uniform

There are GM Diony - Doce Pares International, (Multi Style System); GM Cacoy - Doce Pares Federation, (Eskrido); and GM Momoy (San Miguel Eskrima) system. Which ever one your looking for they have different Doce Pares Uniform. I train under Doce Pares International - Multi Style System, Filipino Martial Arts Academy, West Coast HQ. If your looking for traditional uniform go directly to the source. Multi Style System (www.doceparesinternational.com or www.docepares.net); Eskrido (www.docepares.com); and San Miguel Eskrima (www.sd12pares.com). Hope this answers your uniform questions.

By the way what system do you train under, GM Diony, GM Cacoy, or GM Momoy? Just wondering which one, it sounds that you train under Cacoy. We also practice with t-shirt and shorts depends on weather but during demos and tournament we dress in our uniform.

6. James

I've trained with the Patalinghug family in Baltimore, MD since 1991. They are affiliated with GM Cacoy, but are on friendly terms with Master Dong Cuesta in New Jersey as well. I still train with them whenever I visit my family, about 3 or 4 times a year.

I live in New Orleans now (since 1999) and have a small group of students here that I teach.

7. Dec

Dec Junior Member

I just recently started with Mr Carlos. I had about a month in, then I had to stop for work, should be back soon. For now its endless no sash drills :). Maby I will see you there one day.

Dec

8. Mano mano

Mano mano New Member

I believe the uniform which everyone associates with Doce Pares only goes as far back as the making of the BBC TV documentary Way Of The Warrior which 1st introduced the Doces Pares the rest of world outside the Philippines in the early 1980’s.

9. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Member

I was noticing that they weren't using the short red jackets anymore. But I wasn't sure whether it was an actual policy decision or that everyone had just decided to stick with t-shirts because it was a test and everyone was sweating bullets.

Forgot to ask of course. I'm curious for about 30 seconds at a time.

I'm planning on going back more frequently in the future. In which case, I'll be sporting the red jacket. Dat's old school! :D

10. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

The unform of DP is the same accross the board but only the colours change. At the Doce Pares Multi Style the full red suit denotes a Master otherwise everyone wears the black suit, although saying that some schools have all white depending in the instructor and some such as mine has red jackets and black trousers, but generally all red is for the masters.

But these uniforms are only ever worn for seminars and special events, training at the hq in Cebu a light t-shirt and shorts is normal practice wear because it is too dam hot to wear anything else.

Best regards

Pat

11. James

Yes, this is what I'm looking for - the black uniform. We usually just wear pants and a t-shirt, but I'd like a uniform for special occasions.

Where can I get one?

12. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Well as you say, your instructor is close freind with GM Dong Cuesta, GM Dong ships the uniforms in all the time.

And if you see him, tell him I said Hi.

Best regards

Pat

13. James

Actually there is a difference in the DP Multi-Style and Cacoy DP uniforms, but only slight. I've tried all the emails on Docepares.com (Cacoy DP), and they all bounced.

I live in New Orleans, trust me, I don't want to train in a uniform all the time. It can get a little hot here, too. I just want it for special occasions.

And Stewart, I don't know when they stopped wearing the red vests at KC. When I moved in '99 they were still wearing them.

14. junior eskrimador