Site Upgrade - Weekend of 2/13-14 2010

Discussion in 'Admin Announcements' started by Bob Hubbard, Feb 12, 2010.

1. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

I'll be updating the core software of this site this weekend. Estimated downtime is 8-12 hours.

What we lose, short term:
    - Arcade
    - Some photo album functionality
    - Bunch of mod toys

If you want a preview, http://kenpotalk.com/forum

For those looking to tie in videos, it's now a simple click n add just like inserting a link or a photo. Other features move around and I'm still tracking everything down.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Thanks, dude!

3. Bob Hubbard

Update complete. I'm working on nailing down any hiccups so any problems, let me know. The current (lots of white) look is temporary while I work on a new skin for the site.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Ah, I'm glad the white is temporary! It'll take some getting used to the new look and layout anyway. Can we have the main page default to the forum until there's something there?

5. Bob Hubbard

I'm currently reading the manual to see what is possible.

6. Bob Hubbard

Article system temporarily disabled until we can put some actual content in there besides fake latin and clipart. :)

7. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

The site looks great! Great job Sir!

8. Bob Hubbard

Current known issues:

- Profile Customizations don't work - known issue, no eta on fix
    - Goto First unread post link takes you to 1st post - known bug, fix in the works for 4.02 supposedly.
    - Site looks weird in IE6 - Fix is upgrade your browser or switch to FireFox, Safari or Chrome. Some fixes due in next upgrade but IE 6 is old and even Microsoft says it's toast.
    - Uploading pictures to gallery resulted in thumbnails showing ?. Fixed.

If you have errors, let me know. This is a major change for me and I'm juggling 5 large communities at the same time so, I need some extra eyeballs here letting me know which tires need kicking. :)

Thanks!

BTW - Check out the Blogs folks. :)