Sinawali Boxing ?

Discussion in 'Modern Arnis' started by Hudson, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Hudson

Hudson Junior Member

Have been viewing some of Prof. Presas "Sinawali Boxing" footage from the BB videos done in whatever year prior to his passing, and I pretty much see JKD Trapping Hands to a certain extend.
    Could someone explain alittle more about Sinawali Boxing...also on this same footage it got crazy with Prof. doing some wicked ass takedowns and then flow into series of leg locks and arm bars on the ground ! too bad he did not put this material out as a seperate video curiculum. Very impressive :Eyecrazy:

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

It started off pretty basic way back when, and I frankly didn't have much use for it. It grew as time went on and there was indeed more trapping, though somewhat more proactive than the relatively reactive trapping of JKD/WC!

3. puntadas

puntadas New Member

mud in the water

I like the way you've put it: the relatively reactive trapping of JKD/WC!

here Arnisador your comment is totally irrelevant...

Wing Chun Kung Fu came before JKD & Wing Chun is an offensive system, unless you were taught by the sparring sort?

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I'm more familiar with JKD, where it was used only to remove a barrier after being blocked and not to block a block as I had learned in the FMAs. I only trained WC for about six months before we moved so I'm not as familiar with it, but when I was there that was what we did!