Silat Seminar In Rochester NY

Discussion in 'Seminars & Camps' started by Jack Latorre, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Greetings All-

I am pleased to announce Mr. Wes Tasker will be giving a two-day seminar at the North Eastern Martial Arts Dojo in Rochester, NY on February 10th and 11th, 2007. Skip Wolcott is organizing the event and I hope you will come attend. Very few martial art instructors impress me the way Mr. Tasker does..and he's a good chap on every level.

Regards,

Jack A. Latorre

[FONT=Chiller,Tempus Sans ITC]
    Pentjak Silat Seminar​
    [/FONT]Pentjak Silat Kendang, an Indonesian martial art created to counter other Silat arts in battle! Direct, Powerful, lending itself to both edged weapons and empty hands and very useful in Self Defense! This 2-day seminar presented by Guru Wes Tasker, an instructor from Boston, Mass. under Bapak Willem DeThouars will introduce you to the basics, and applications of Pentjak Silat and Pentjak Silat Kendang. Don’t miss this opportunity to study an art that is seldom seen in this area but blends very well with most other martial arts.

WHERE: Northeast Martial Arts Academy (Sensei Marty Noel)
    3240 Chili Ave. in the
    Chili/Paul Plaza, Chili,NY
    (585) 889-7330
    www.nemadojo.com

WHEN: Saturday, Sunday Feb. 10,11, 2007
    (There will be a one-hour lunch break from 1-2pm)

HOW MUCH: $90 for both days or $50 for 1 day (pre-paid)
    $100 for both days or $55 for 1 day (paid day of)

CONTACT: Skip Wolcott to reserve your spot! Space will be limited!
    Contact Skip at (585) 621-2949 or e-mail
    hwolcott@rochester.rr.com

Send payment to: Skip Wolcott, 44 Larch St., Rochester,NY 14612
    What to Bring: Training blades, training sticks, eye protection, a willingness to learn!!
    :
    ABOUT WES TASKER: Wes is a very well rounded martial arts instructor currently teaching and / or studying 12 different martial arts. His spontaneous, energetic instructing style is only equaled by his incredible knowledge. Wes Tasker’s martial arts training began in 1981 with Kenpo Karate. He studied the classical Japanese Jujitsu style of Tenshin Shintai Ryu from 1983 to 1989. His interest in the Filipino arts began in 1991 with Cabales Serrada Escrima and Largo Mano Escrima under Guro Bruce Juchnik (an early student of Manong Guro Angel Cabales) He attained the rank of Lakan Guro in 1994. Also in 1994 Wes started studying Kalasag Kuntao-Silat, Kuntao Silat DeThouars, and Pentjak Silat Perisai Setia under Tuhon/Tuan Roberto Torres. After several years with Tuhon Torres, he continued his study of Kuntao Silat DeThouars directly under Bapak Willem DeThouars. Wes became Guru and Sifu in Kuntao Silat DeThouars in December of 2001. In October 2005 he was awarded lineage in six silat systems and two kuntao systems under Bapak Willem DeThouars. Wes started training in Pekiti Tirsia Kali with Tuhon Bill McGrath in January of 2001 and attained Mataas Na Guro (Finished Instructor) in 2004.

2. lhommedieu

lhommedieu Senior Member

There're a lot of people out there claiming expertise in Silat. Sadly they would appear to have more skill in marketing themselves than actual knowledge of Silat.

Wes however is the real deal. He is a direct student of Bapak William De Thouars and a phenomental teacher in his own right. (Disclaimer: Wes is also a friend of mine.) If you're interested in learning Silat this would be a great opportunity.

Best,

Steve Lamade

3. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Wes gives outstanding seminars. He taught at the overnight workout our school had in November.

The knowledge Wes has of the arts he teaches is fantastic. In addition to his knowledge, he is a patient, skilled, and enjoyable instructor to train with. :)

4. Brock

Brock Asha'man

When does the pre-registration have to be in by?

5. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Just a reminder that the Pentjak Silat seminar with Mr. Wes Tasker is coming up and it will be a wonderful opportunity to get exposure to both the art and the teacher. I cannot say enough about him.

For those coming in from out of town, please get in touch with Skip Wolcott (hwolcott@rochester.rr.com) or me (jlatorre@rochester.rr.com) to get help with accommodations/transportation. Please see the start of this thread for the details.

Regards,

Jack A. Latorre

6. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Just another reminder that the Pentjak Silat seminar with Mr. Wes Tasker is coming next weekend (February 10 and 11) in Rochester, New York. All are welcome to study with an exemplary teacher with integrity, skill and pedagogy. While many pretend to be, Mr. Tasker is in fact the real thing.

Pentjak Silat Seminar​
    Pentjak Silat Kendang, an Indonesian martial art created to counter other Silat arts in battle! Direct, Powerful, lending itself to both edged weapons and empty hands and very useful in Self Defense! This 2-day seminar presented by Guru Wes Tasker, an instructor from Boston, Mass. under Bapak Willem DeThouars will introduce you to the basics, and applications of Pentjak Silat and Pentjak Silat Kendang. Don’t miss this opportunity to study an art that is seldom seen in this area but blends very well with most other martial arts.

WHERE: Northeast Martial Arts Academy (Sensei Marty Noel)
    3240 Chili Ave. in the
    Chili/Paul Plaza, Chili,NY
    (585) 889-7330
    www.nemadojo.com

WHEN: Saturday, Sunday Feb. 10,11, 2007
    (There will be a one-hour lunch break from 1-2pm)

HOW MUCH: $90 for both days or $50 for 1 day (pre-paid)
    $100 for both days or $55 for 1 day (paid day of)

CONTACT: Skip Wolcott to reserve your spot! Space will be limited!
    Contact Skip at (585) 621-2949 or e-mail

Send payment to: Skip Wolcott, 44 Larch St., Rochester,NY 14612
    What to Bring: Training blades, training sticks, eye protection, a willingness to learn!!
    :
    ABOUT WES TASKER: Wes is a very well rounded martial arts instructor currently teaching and / or studying 12 different martial arts. His spontaneous, energetic instructing style is only equaled by his incredible knowledge. Wes Tasker’s martial arts training began in 1981 with Kenpo Karate. He studied the classical Japanese Jujitsu style of Tenshin Shintai Ryu from 1983 to 1989. His interest in the Filipino arts began in 1991 with Cabales Serrada Escrima and Largo Mano Escrima under Guro Bruce Juchnik (an early student of Manong Guro Angel Cabales) He attained the rank of Lakan Guro in 1994. Also in 1994 Wes started studying Kalasag Kuntao-Silat, Kuntao Silat DeThouars, and Pentjak Silat Perisai Setia under Tuhon/Tuan Roberto Torres. After several years with Tuhon Torres, he continued his study of Kuntao Silat DeThouars directly under Bapak Willem DeThouars. Wes became Guru and Sifu in Kuntao Silat DeThouars in December of 2001. In October 2005 he was awarded lineage in six silat systems and two kuntao systems under Bapak Willem DeThouars. Wes started training in Pekiti Tirsia Kali with Tuhon Bill McGrath in January of 2001 and attained Mataas Na Guro (Finished Instructor) in 2004.

7. Brock

Brock Asha'man

I'd reall like to attend, but I don't know if I'll be able to fit it into my schedule. I'm gonna' try real hard though and it might be a last thing.

8. Jack Latorre

Jack Latorre Siyam

Very Important

Due to a family illness, the Wes Tasker seminar this weekend in Rochester, New York has been cancelled.

Please feel free to contact either myself ...
    jlatorre@rochester.rr.com

or

Skip Wolcott

...for further questions.

Regards,

Jack A. Latorre

9. Brock

Brock Asha'man

When I first saw this I thought that theseminar was going to be cancelled due to the weather. I hope everything is well with the family or soon to be. I've just been going back and forth to the hospital myself for my wife.

10. langgaw

langgaw New Member

I am wishing everything will be fine in the next few days for the two of you. Kindly keep the members informed. We pray for the recovery of your love ones.

11. Brock

Brock Asha'man

My wife's recovering. She should be home tomorrow morning as long as everything goes well

12. wes tasker

wes tasker New Member

Thank you for all the well wishes, both private and public. My wife came home today from the hospital and all is good... I think the only one happier than myself is my son - who is quite sick of me by now :) . Brock, best of luck and I wish you and your wife well. Thanks again.

I'll be working with Mr. Wolcott to re-schedule the seminar.

-wes tasker

13. Brock

Brock Asha'man

My wife is also home from the hospital. She's pretty much on bed rest for at least the rest of the week, but I'll take that over the alternative.

14. Sumbrada77

Sumbrada77 New Member

Pentjak Silat Seminar in Rochester,NY

Hello this is Skip Wolcott, sponser of the now cancelled Silat Seminar.
    Guru WesTasker's wife is better and at home now. Wes and I will be
    re-scheduling the semniar in April. We are working on it right now. I
    will keep this forum updated. Thanks for your interest!. If you would like
    to contact me about this: hwolcott@rochester.rr.com