Silat Kuntao Tepki?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by jwinch2, Apr 1, 2014.

1. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for information on the art of Silat Kuntao Tepki. I know that there are some on here who study it and have seen the manner in which it blends with other systems (Tuhon Gelinas for example) and I am curious to learn more. I have spent some time knocking around on the website but first hand accounts would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

2. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Where are you located? There are a few practitioners floating around out there but they keep a pretty low profile.
    you should try contacted the leader of the system in the West, Omar Hakim. He is a former pekiti guy I believe.

3. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

I'm in north Texas, soon to be San Antonio. I have seen Guro Hakim mentioned with the art previously and I may try tracking him down when I get to my new digs, but in the mean time I thought I would see what the virtual world might know.

Thanks!

4. michigankalisilat

michigankalisilat New Member

Omar is in Texas and I also think Doc Dority is an instructor.

About 5-10 years ago they held instructor workshops several times a year. Not really sure what happened. There are a handful of clips on youtube.

You definitely wont find much info. Check silat.tv also

5. jwinch2

jwinch2 Member

Thanks. Will do.