Silat Knife Clip (Silat Harimau Berantai Belati).

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by arnisador, Jul 15, 2007.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Seen on MT:
    [yt]yunHTUinFUY&NR=1[/yt]

I thought it was pretty neat! I notice the defender occasionally using a "bone block" as it's called in Sayoc Kali.

2. sly fox

sly fox New Member

thats jak othman, i trained with him a couple of times..

its apparently his family style, unusually for a silat system he teaches the knife first before moving on to empty hands, kerambit, flexible weapons etc

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Hmmm, very standard for FMA of course!

4. sly fox

sly fox New Member

yep..

jak was the first guy to really teach silat publicly in the uk... he was teaching a gayong variant at the time gayong harimau... he had some nice hand drills andthe like... he left the uk and went back to malaysia, and reappeared teaching his family art which he reported came from an aunt on one of the indonesian islands, if i remember makassar, but i could be wrong, when i trained with him, he was teaching knife first... with a quick search on the internet he has a muay thai studio now in kuala lumpur... the order of his system may have changed now, because on his students site the syllabus is slightly different...

http://www.geocities.com/jonbroster/harimauberantai.html

5. GLENNLOBO

GLENNLOBO New Member

jak taught in the uk before being returned to Malaysia. there is a lot of variation in his history. what appears to remain consistent is the content of his system. is is an effective system, but he has come in for a lot of criticism for his unorthodox approach. i trained with him for some time.his drills are excellent as was his technique.

6. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Unorthodox is where it is at in my opinion! Usually the critics prefer to be tucked away in their comfy gilded boxes afraid to peek over the edge.

7. Silat

Silat New Member

Hello,

I liked it and I do some similar drills empty handed & knife.

Also am I the only one that thinks he favors the late Pak Herman Suwanda?

Sincerely,
    Teacher: Eddie Ivester

8. Silat

Silat New Member

Actually it's not unusual at all for Silat to teach blades first and in fact most style from Southeast Asia do however for some reason when Silat gets to the West it is switched around?

Sincerely,
    Teacher: Eddie Ivester

9. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Fma has these same drills in doce pares.

10. pguinto

pguinto New Member

i saw hubud, some progressive flowing, hubud, a picture of dan inosanto, hubud, interesting counters, hubud, more progressive flowing, hubud, and oh yeah, more hubud

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Yes, some days it seems as though there's nothing new under the sun!