Sikaran Web Sites?

Discussion in 'Sikaran' started by arnisador, May 18, 2006.

1. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

Sikaran was a subsystem incorporated into our Kuntawtraining in the Philippines. We were told that it was fighting system based off of sipa sipa and that it was found all over the Philippines. So, my knowledge is very limited to it as a complete system.

my 2 pesos

2. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

Farrin my old friend. Let it go.
    We have discussed this matter late at night over a few drinks more than once and we have both taken both sides of the arguement to see how it looked from the other side and we both, I belive, have come to the conclusion that the 2 main systems/schools of Sikaran will never agree on much other than that Sikaran should be taught and preserved.
    I would rather the disscussions on the system focus on the foot work, kicks, and application of use and targets than on who did what when. Fifty years from now all the main players in this saga will be long gone but hopefuly through their efforts the systems will still exsist and Sikaran will still be being taught.
    When this forum was first set up I stated before becoming one of the first mods here that I feared this old argument would arise as it had for the last 40 years. Truthfuly rather than argueing over such things it would be better if represenitives from each system got togeather and learned from one another and helped each other just promote the art.
    I have worked with those taught in the islands befor when I lived in Calif. and it was a pleasure to work with them as we grew to know each other mutual respect was formed. I so wish that some facts would be told in truth for all to know but if they never are so be it. The fact that Sikaran is alive and growing is what should realy count.
    The Lagarejos people have always tried to keep what they did some what secreat and I was told many times to stay off the internet and not publisise the system ( for what reasons I still do not understand), while Geronimo's people seem to glory in putting forth his prasise . Who really cares in the long run as long as Sikaran lives on and is taught to the next generation.

3. Bagwis

Bagwis New Member

Wsabp Hq

hi to all:

Im one of the instructor here in Toronto and all of us 3 branches here in
    TO, branches in Wennipeg, Alberta, Edmonton, Saskatoon (Canada) is reporting to main HQ in Manila.

should you like to know more about the Sikaran main HQ pls contact me litojacla@yahoo.ca

thanks and more power to all.

4. Bagwis

Bagwis New Member

Sikaran main HQ in Phils.

hi to all;

The World Sikaran-Arnis Brotherhood of the Philippines main HQ is located in the Philippines. All bonafied clubs, Chief Instructors, Regional Director is regularly reporting to Master Meliton C. Geronimo.

Should you like to know more about HQ you can email me at litojacla@yahoo.ca.

thanks and more power to all Sikaranistas..

5. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I see "Sikaran-Arnis" used sometimes (or "Arnis Sikaran"), and sometimes just "Sikaran". Is there a difference?

6. AmaraWarrior

AmaraWarrior New Member

My FMA teacher's Pilippine National Karate Coach and Mentor, Emmanuel S. Querubin is one of the first students of Grand Master Geronimo. Master Querubin is actually listed in their Black Belt records as 003, right under the son of Grand Master Geronimo. Master Querubin with the help of his teacher composed a book on Sikaran and also made a website. Go to: www.sikaranpilipinas.com

7. AmaraWarrior

AmaraWarrior New Member

My FMA teacher's Pilippine National Karate Coach and Mentor, Emmanuel S. Querubin is one of the first students of Grand Master Geronimo. Master Querubin is actually listed in their Black Belt records as Member 003, right under the son of Grand Master Geronimo. Master Querubin with the help of his teacher composed a book on Sikaran and also made a website. Go to: www.sikaranpilipinas.com

8. Leopard

Leopard New Member

or one can also go to
    sikaran.net
    sikaran.com

I will admit that at sikaran.net you will see a system that has infused Arnis, some blade work, and some Chinese along with the Sikaran and it is admited that the system is ever learning ever evolving