signatures

Discussion in 'Board Support Issues' started by blindside, Nov 21, 2008.

1. blindside

blindside student

If I place a new signature on my control panel, shouldn't it show up on all previous posts? It looks like it only applies from the point of modification on. It might be helpful for it to be retroactive so contact information in old signatures is accurate or affiliations change.

thanks,

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

It should change the other posts...unless the database was a bit slow in catching up. I'll take a look at what's going on.

- Carol Kaur
    - FMATalk Admin

3. Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

The change is site-wide. Old posts might be cached in your browser. Refreshing the page, or clearing your cache should fix things.

4. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

OK, I see what is going on.

The reason why your signature isn't being updated on your older posts is because you didnt have one defined when you were posting at the time.

If you (or anyone else with an active sig) change your signature, it will be updated dynamically across all the posts that were made with a signature dissplayed.

The change won't be made to posts where there was no signature, or posts where the signature was intentionally turned off. Hope that makes sense.

- Carol Kaur
    - FMATalk Admin

5. blindside

blindside student

Gotcha! Thanks!