Shock Knife

Discussion in 'Misc. Knife Arts' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, May 17, 2006.

1. this looks very good : http://www.shocknife.com/

i wonder if anyone here will incorporate this into their training... i know its expensive, but it could be a great tool...

any thoughts?

thanks,

Capt.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

See also this thread. I would be curious to try it, but I find that honest training works well for me.

I saw someone last week who was practicing disarms. Time and again he put his hand or forearm to the blade. He might have benefitted from this device.

3. ah, there is a thread on the shock knife already... sorry for my quick trigger finger!...

my bad,

Capt.

4. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

No worries! Topics re-occur and hence so do threads.

5. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

We got to use one @ the Dog Brothers Camp. It shocks =)

Gruhn

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Did you like it? Does only the edge shock, or the whole blade?

7. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

It shocked but not like a tazer or cattle prod does. Both edges shocked but the flat of the blade did not, very realistic! I found that in the adrenal state the shock was enough for me to feel it and know I was getting "cut" but apparently a majority of knife victims don't know they got cut right away. It went through batteries fast and the rubber hand guard half way down the knife slid off when I was trying to disarm my attacker. I will have to wait to get my hands on one for an extended amount of time in order to be 100% sure there were no outside variables within my experience with the Shocknife.

Gruhn

8. WT_ATL

WT_ATL Member Supporting Member

I had an opportunity to try the shock knife at this years ILEETA conference. Like Ryan states, it's pretty intense. In fact, the intensity is much greater if you run the blade across your clothing as oppsed to bare skin. I imagine that would generate more static electricity.

Anyway, kewl toy if you can afford it.

9. Sheldon Bedell

Sheldon Bedell New Member

sounds like it would be a goo practice tool but it dose not sound like i would use it in a knife fight

10. ryangruhn

ryangruhn New Member

Sheldon,
    It sounds like you might be confused. The Shocknife is a training knife, not meant for use in self defense in any way. Excuse me if I misunderstood your post.

Gruhn

11. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

For self-defense, try this!

12. HANGAWAY

HANGAWAY New Member

a cheap alternative is a plastic knife you can make put a wooden handle and there you go. In actual knife injury you wont feel pain until after several seconds. Even some guys they dont realized they have been stab only after the fight. we use improvise practice plastic knife before for practice we still got cut and one time i hit the guy in the solar plexus with the plastic knife he fall down even its just plastic. the object of the practice knife is simulate actual unpredictable movement during a knife assault while minimizing injury. But anyway if you can afford shocknife get one. One thing for sure training is better than no training.

13. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

AMEN to that.

A couple of people from my school have tried the Shocknife, they were very impressed by it...but I didn't see anyone saying they were going to put out the money for it.

But, training is needed, and a a plastic blade, aluminum trainnier, marking blade, sharkee...anything one can get to work...is a help.

14. Has anyone seen the shock knife clip on You Tube (Dog Brothers). If so what is your assessment of the 'dual'?...

15. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Do you by any chance have a link to the video, Stickmaster? :)

16. No, none what so ever. I am just genuinely interested in peoples assessment of the 'test'.