Shame Shame - Philippine Domains Pose Big Internet Risks

Discussion in 'General' started by pguinto, Jun 6, 2008.

  1. pguinto

    pguinto New Member

    McAfee Names The Most Dangerous Domains

    By Thomas Claburn
    InformationWeek
    June 4, 2008 05:00 PM

    Web sites registered in top-level domains tied to Hong Kong (.hk), China (.cn), and the Philippines (.ph) are the most likely to pose a security threat to visitors, according to a study released on Wednesday by McAfee. McAfee's "Mapping the Mal Web Revisited" distills data from 9.9 million Web sites in 265 top-level Internet domains -- generic ones and national ones. From that information, a list of 74 domains containing at least 2,000 sites was compiled and rated for risk based on the prevalence of malware.

    The report finds that 19.2% of all .hk Web sites present a security threat to Internet users. For .cn Web sites, 11% pose a security threat. For .ph, Web sites, 7.7% pose a danger. For the .ph domain, it was a 270% increase in overall risk from 2007, substantially higher than other domains.

    Read more...
     
  2. arnisador

    arnisador Active Member

    I knew about .cn, but have had much less trouble with the other two!
     
  3. Bob Hubbard

    Bob Hubbard Darth Vindicatus Supporting Member

    When I allowed online registration for hosting accounts, 95% of my fraud attempts came from the PI. The other 5% was China.
     
  4. pguinto

    pguinto New Member

    that's not right :(
     

Share This Page