serrada tournament clips

Discussion in 'Serrada' started by jdc2003, Oct 9, 2007.

1. jdc2003

jdc2003 New Member

Any body have any clips of serrada in a tournament setting? Would love to see some.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Are there serrada-only tournaments?

3. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

Just my 2cent. Pedoy, Bahalana, and Dog Brother have there own tournament/greeting. I'm sure Serrada falls in one of them. There were some Serrada players at a WEKAF tourney. As far as WEKAF there are different styles that compete. But it would be interesting to see demos of Serrada and others.

4. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI New Member

I was at the WEKAF 2007 Western Regional a couple of weeks ago. Strictly as a spectator. Serrada just doesn't translate well into that environment, in my humble opinion. Not that we wouldn't be competitive, though certainly the points thing is disadvantageous to Serrada. It's just that there's some very fundamental differences between a blade art and a stick art and a tournament setting doesn't work well for the former. I'm fairly new to Serrada though so take what I say with a grain of asin...

5. junior eskrimador

junior eskrimador Expect the Unexpected

There are several types of tourney. WEKAF, point sparring with armour, point with no armour, Dog Brother type, ultimate warrior with and w/o punching, kicking, thrust, and punyo with armour.

Bahalana held a tourney that was point sparring w/o armour but w/padded stick and it was point sparring. Bahalana trains w/blade and they did pretty well. As far as WEKAF Regional that was not point sparring, it is based on a 10 point system, 3 rounds, 1 minute each, 30 secound break between rounds.