Seminars in the Bay Area 08

Discussion in 'General' started by roger211, Jan 10, 2008.

1. roger211

roger211 New Member

As the title Reads,

If someone finds out that there are seminars in the Bay Area, please post it here. Doesnt Matter what style, just to keep it on one thread and for everyone to see.

With that said, does nayone know of any so far?

2. jdc2003

jdc2003 New Member

I plan on checking this event out. It sounds like a good one if this event has happened 40 times. Has anyone been to one? Can anyone give me some info about the event? Found this on FMADIGEST

40th Annual Senkotiros Sama Sama
    February 1 - 2, 2008
    Sama-Sama Banquet
    February 2, 2008
    Union City Sports Center
    31224 Union City Blvd.
    Union City, CA. 94587
    Sama-Sama Gathering
    February 3, 2008
    Pallens Martial Arts/Senkotiros Inc.Center
    13752 Doolittle Drive
    San Leandro, CA

3. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Unfortunately I can't give you any information on the event other that Prof Pallen is a fantastic instructor and I will be at this even. My advice is to contact the host school.

4. kuntawguro

kuntawguro -== Banned ==-

I have been asked to do a seminar in San Francisco this spring- a date has not been set yet. But when I get it , i will post it.

5. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Have you looked into this any further?

6. mikesf

mikesf New Member

GT Gaje will be be in San Jose 3 or 4 times next year? It's going to be a good year..

If you haven't been to one of GT Gaje's seminars yet you should definitely check it out. They are physically challenging and technically rich. Not to be missed.

Guro Mike Franciotti will post listings when dates are finalized.

Mike S

7. daryl510

daryl510 New Member

The Sama-Sama Banquet is a huge family celebration for all of the Pallens Martial Arts Schools. Along with Entertainment, Food, Dancing and Special Guests (Martial Arts Grandmasters throughout the world).
    This years sama-sama gathering/seminar will be featuring GM Concepcion of Kombatan, GM Robert Castro of Eskabo Daan, Punong Guro Steven K. Dowd of Arnis Balite and another GM which name i have forgotten.

8. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Daryl, I believe Ama Maestro Jon Bais-Kuntaw Silat would be the other. Oh and Tuhan Jordan as well.

9. ScorpioVI

ScorpioVI New Member

10. animal_stylez

animal_stylez New Member

We will be holding a Dulo Dulo Seminar in March, first weekend I believe. It will be held at Hayward Martial Arts (www.haywardmartialarts.net) and will be conducted by GM Lito Concepcion.

I also believe there's a seminar in San Francisco being held by Eskabo Daan next month.

11. Brock

Brock Asha'man

Senkotiros Sama-Sama

I just got back to PA from the Senkotiros Sama-Sama. It was an AWESOME event! The banquet was amazing with hundreds of people in attendance (Over 500 maybe even 600 I believe) Several of Grandmaster Pallen's schools gave demonstrations, and as a highlight of the event Grandmaster bestowed the title of Professor on all of his sons. Sunday was an all day seminar featuring(In order at least to the best of my recolection)

Arnis Balite: Punong Guro Steven Dowd (Publisher of FMADigest online mag)
    Senkotiros Sparring concepts: Prof. Jordan Pallen
    Kali-Silat: Ama Maestro Jon Bais (Who taught stick techniques, but also demonstrated knife after the lunch break)
    Kombaton: GM Lito Concepcion
    Modern Arnis: Dr. Remy Presas
    And a demonstration of Eskabo Daan by GM Robert Castro and his students

After the portion taught by Dr. Presas, Grandmaster Pallen presented him with some the original Modern Arnis banner and swords used in his father's original demonstrations in the US back in '74.

My wife and I got "stranded" an extra day as well because our flight out was cancelled due to the storms in Chicago, so we got to spend an extra day with the Pallen family. I spent the day with Grandmaster viewing classes at his and his son's schools and my wife spent the day with Mrs. Pallen who is just a fun person to be around. We stayed up until 1:30 AM chatting with Professor Jordan and his wife as well which made the 5 hrs of plane ride home a little easier cuz we kept dozing off. We had a great time and the Pallen's are wonderful and generous. Can't wait to go back!

12. daryl510

daryl510 New Member

Yeah, this was pretty touching. It was a moment you just had to be there to witness because words just cant describe it. Dr. Presas Jr. didnt expect a presentation like that at all.

Ama Maestro Jon Bais was pretty awesome as well! it was my first time seeing the Kali-Silat style.

The rest of the GM's and Masters worked us out pretty good too.