SEAMOK and Martial Arts Illustrated magazine

Discussion in 'General' started by Shaun, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Hey! :mwah:

Damn left coaster...

2. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

OK one of those then, I am sure the USA sizes are different from the UK, much like the Philippine sizes where I am an XXL and my wife who hates the Pinoy size system is an XL where as here she is a Small to Medium ;)

Best regards

Pat

3. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Carol...Why did I think you were in Britain somewhere?

4. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

OH still Brothers, your just considered the naughty little Brother that has grown too big for us to punish now :) And as for having Massachusetts, I think we would probably go round that one as I am sure most here would have trouble spelling it let alone finding it :revenge:

Hey I think the articles in most MA Mags here are not much better here either and it always tends to be the same old same old, that is why it was quite refreshing to read a decent article/interveiw for a change, one that did not spin a load of BS about how wonderfull and spiritual everything is and how much they talked about realistc self defence or what ever other new found marketing name they are using now is.

Best regards

Pat

5. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

There's a running joke over here, that started with the Bush dictatorship: "Do you ever think that things would be better if we'd just left it at taxation WITHOUT representation?" I went to London on business for the first time a few years ago, and wished to God I had the money to live there full time. Maybe not London proper, but somewhere on the outskirts. If I make it as a writer, I want to move there. :cheers:

I have the hardest time with that, the spirituality-martial arts connection. It's always touted as "the thing to strive for". Whatever happened to just "Hit that bastard as hard as you can"? I love reading Blackgrave's stuff, he doesn't spin it, nor does he dumb it down.

He also cannot write an article without some folksy Texan philosophy involving marshmallows, anatomically unrealistic sexual positions and the innards of a small woodland animal. But that's part of the charm! (Gotcha, Mike!) :biggrinbo:biggrinbo:biggrinbo

6. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Because she's in New England!

7. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Bobbe you double hard bastard...LOL...charm))))))..grrrrhmmfff!!!...and all this time I thought I was waxing poetic with my Texan euphemisms..charm, indeed. I have slid down many a bar stool learning from and listening to old coots tell tall tales that ring of ******** yet somehow enthrall the ever living hell out of you.. Pure Poetry..from Bandidos to Tejas Rangers. ...the jargon sticks with ya after awhile...kind of like snot on a door knob.

I have never been one to pull my punches or my words...If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then by God it's a figgin duck...it pisses most off but hey Muck'em if they can't take the heat. I loathe the jag-offs who buy into the magical mystery tour BS and tout it as truth...If I hear one more ding dong claim his system is being revealed to him in a damn dream I will go insane! Oh wait I already am.

Hows the back doing Bobbe...when ya get ready hit the kettle bells bro...I'm telling ya, they saved my back and mine was busted in two places...Damn Drunk drivers (would love to spit some beach nut in that dudes eyes & shoot him with my ole .45)
    Should be rolling out a new website soon as well as some new clips and working toward a Gutter Silat (tm) DVD...most won't like it because it will deal with truth..those who know will dig it...

"The painful truth is when your picking your teeth up off the floor...oops someone must have lied" Mikael Khalid Ibn Blahgrav

8. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Hpw do you think I came up with my former associates.. It was during a few nights with a san miguel induced dream where I came up with the old Kuntaw system I stayed with for over 30 yrs... It was when I fell under the wagon and came to my senses when I could see through the fog of brown fecal matter to see exactly what was being spread thicker than cow patties on a rice paddy... That is why I moved to Gilligan's island, that way I can maintain my dreams of the rich and infamous by staying out of the lime light of modern martial arts.. Hell, I even thought about moving back to the states and opening up a McKuntaw school for the geographically disadvantaged martial artist of the mainland

9. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

See?!? What the hell is a double-hard-

Second thought, nebbermind. I have a sudden urge to keep my lunch in my gut.

Your honor, may I present exhibit "A".

Like Bon Jovi says, "We're halfway theeerrre, Waaa-Aww!" I start physical therapy this week (the doctor admitted the shots were a waste of time) and after three weeks of it, I go back in. I can only imagine that's when they'll do the surgery & I can get this #$!!%&?**&!!!ing motherf#&@*#(( sonofabi@!%@^&***ocksucking bone matter cut away from my !!!!!!!unt of a swollen spinal root, and get started on recovery.

Can't wait to see the new website!

10. Imua Kuntao

Imua Kuntao New Member

Hey bro

OK i have been out of touch here lately, but now you can tell me about the article and the new shirts. Life is getting on here, some changes have been made in the home life, but now I can get on with my own thing. We will be putting on a demo here soon at Brooks city base, in Aug. Btw when is lunch? lol, even coffee at starbucks.