SEAMOK and Martial Arts Illustrated magazine

Discussion in 'General' started by Shaun, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Featured in the July issue of the UK based martial arts magazine
    Martial Arts Illustrated, is Guro Mike Blackgrave and his SEAMOK system.

This feature coincides nicely with Guro Blackgrave's introductory SEAMOK seminar on July 26,2009.

2. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

I used to be able to find Martial Arts Illustrated at Borders here, but not recently. :(

3. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Nice, way to go Mike! I'll see if I can find an issue here in Seattle & advertise it a little. Congratulations on being published, man!

4. KaliGman

KaliGman Professional Man at Arms

Congratulations

Congratulations on the article.

5. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

Great article too I must add, you dont get many in MAI nowadays but that is a doozy.

6. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Thanks mates...It may ruffle a few fickle feathers but I have been stirring the pot of life since jump street. If asked a question I will give you the straight skinny as I see it. Most don't like it...it doesn't appeal to their box settings. ..LOL.....once again thanks for the support. It is appreciated.

7. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Well now you have us all interested! [​IMG]

8. Pat OMalley

Hey I know where your comming from on that, I too have the same attitude and have ruffled a few feathers over the years, but if they dont like the truth then they can always crawl back under the rock from wence they came huh!

Funny, I done an interveiw for an Australian project last year that may come out soon, and the interveiwer asked me: 'If you knew then what you know now, would you have still ruffled a few feathers in your articles?' I said: 'No of course not, I would pluck the whole bloody chicken'.:smash:

Looking forward to reading more, keep them comming Bro.

Best regards

Pat

9. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

He said pluck....LOL

10. Pat OMalley

:uhoh::roflmao:

11. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

It seems the UK mag comes out a month late here in the US.....it is also hard as a hiccup to find. The only Book Stores I know that carry it is Barnes & Nobles and some Book Dens......I have a few copies on the way to me via a good friend ..Senor Porter I thank you.

As I said in the interview I admire the British FMA & Silat scene the lads keep it as real as real can be...much respect to Pat, Shaun and all the others who wax poetic...mabuhay mates! Keep the rattan smoking and the pain flowing..it is the way....

12. Shaun

Shaun New Member

I got the last two copies in the store.I will post them tomorrow,(July 4 independance day,irony there,lol.UK magazine etc.)
    It should take about a week.

13. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Thanks mate...I appreciate it big time! Your whacky SEAMOK psycho tee will be on the way as soon as the final lyth is printed and tranfered....peace!

14. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Look forward to getting the shirt.

I think Pat set the trend when in the spirit of FMA solidarity and respect for Mang Ben,he wore a Lightning shirt at the 4th UK FMA festival.Nice one Pat.

Could this be the future of FMA fashion?l LOL

15. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

...*ahem*

16. Pat OMalley

It's a great shirt and it was free too :) I also wore a Balintawak Shirt for the Balintawak bit too :) and a Rapid Arnis Shirt for my bit ;) No one lese gave me a free t-shirt :(

If you go on to the Martial Arts Ilustrated web site http://www.martialartsltd.co.uk/mai/index.php You can but a paper or digital copy online. So no waiting a month for our former Colonial Brothers ;)

17. PG Michael B

PG Michael B Oso Grande

Pat shoot me your size brother and I will get a SEAMOK shirt out to ya when they get printed..a couple weeks.....Hell in my class I usually where everyone elses shirts..or my trust Mr. Luckys Tattoo shirt...lol..rarely my own....

18. Pat OMalley

I am with you on that hahaha! I have 5 black sacks of shirts and out of them I think about 10 maybe of my own and all the others for the most part are other FMA shirts and I wear most of them. I only tend to wear mine for official things such as seminars, gradings, demo's etc.

Mind you I love the Lightning one simply because it came from a top class geezer ;)

Oh I am a large by the way ;) I will return the favour when I get some of mine done too, as I have to get a few big ones for some of my larger guys too. :)

Best regards

Pat

19. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Shirt size

Pat,I have asked Mike to send me a medium size,which will be right for me.

20. Bobbe

Bobbe Member

Meaning, we're no longer colonials, or brothers? Here's hoping for the former, and that the Queen doesn't order the Royal Navy to "take back" Massachusetts. *Lifts a Chimay Grande Reserve*

....Mmuuuurrrpp. Actually, on second thought; If she promises to stop there, I'd be wiling to let her have Massachusetts.

Thanks for the info, Pat. I'm ordering a digital copy, since even FINDING that mag is a task and a half over here. You'd think Seattle would offer more variety. Has anyone else noticed a marked decline in both martial arts mags in general, and the journalistic style of writing overall in them? Does anybody remember the mid 1980's when "Inside Karate/Kung Fu" was the king? Seems like the Journal of Asian Martial Arts is the only thing I can really read nowadays, and it focuses on arts that have been done to death, like Tai Chi or Karate. I think I've seen two or three FMA articles, maybe one on Indo-Malay martial arts.

Or am I just being overly-critical?