school in chicago area

Discussion in 'Lightning Scientific Arnis' started by big stick, May 26, 2008.

1. big stick

big stick New Member

was wondering if there are any ls schools in the south suburbs,or downtown chicago area

2. big stick

big stick New Member

must not be any

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Not everyone checks the site daily! Have patience. Also check www.fmadatabase.com and Eskrima Digest.

4. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Evidently, you do not read the other threads on this forum.. Midway Kodenkan is located at archer and cicero in chicago.. John and Jose run the school which has dekiti tirsia siradas which is taught by John and Danzan ryu jujitsu which is taught by Jose.. They also have a hawaiian Lua instructor who offers classes there also..

Look for the individual named sulong who posts here and PM him for more information.

5. Shaun

Shaun New Member

Lightning Schools in Chicago

I do not know of any L.S.A.I. schools in Chicago.
    As Bill suggested there may be some good alternatives.
    Hope this is of use to you.
    Shaun

6. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Junior Member

actually, i'm also looking for an LSAI brother to train with in the northwestern illinois suburbs too.

7. NAGA

NAGA Member

Hello Everyone

Hello Everybody,
    Well Bill called it and I have too chime in a little also. Yep our school is on the Southside of the city. We do Dekiti Tirsia Siradas Kali as well as Bahad Zubu and elements of Bill's methods he learned from Master Reston. Just recently we had Mushtaq Ali Al-Ansari come in and teach a Seminar on Navadisha a Moro martial art based on the usage of the Kris sword. Hans Ingebresten President of the Kilohana Martial arts association stopped in too play as he was in Chicago and he taught a little on Inayan Kadena De Mano empty hand, specifically "Max's drill" a drill directly taught be Max Serimento. Grand Tuhon Tortal will be here this month, Mike Blackgrave will be at the school in September to see if I have made any improvment in my Bahad Zubu and in general may top players pop in and out. Nevertheless, we also do a little tournament called the Sulong Championship with a Pacific Island ring dedicated to players of FMA, HMA and IMA to come on out in a non-ego atmosphere and show the rest of the Martial arts community we are here... So, on that note I hope to see you guys at least come on by and say hello...

Thanks,
    John
    www.MidwayKodenkan.com