Roll Call

Discussion in 'Pekiti-Tirsia Kali' started by Chris Wiggins, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Chris Wiggins

Chris Wiggins New Member

Now that we know who teaches what to whom I have a question. How many of y'all have trained with Tim or Tuhon in, let's say the last year or two?

I'll speak for Eddie as I know he has. I've seen Dustin's name pop up here and there, and I know he has.

I'm just curious as to how many current PTK guys (or gals) are about.

BTW, I have.

2. Chris Wiggins

Chris Wiggins New Member

Man, it got quiet in here in a hurry.

3. Biohazard

Biohazard New Member

I watched the video "Surviving Edged Weapons" with tuhon in it.

4. Chris Wiggins

Chris Wiggins New Member

that's great, but not really what I'm looking for. Hopefully, you weren't watching that when partaking in your "interest"

Get yourself to a seminar, then come back and report.

5. Biohazard

Biohazard New Member

typo. imagine my embarassment.

i forgot to mention that i have watched all of tim and tuhon's training videos as well but have not had the opportunity to train with them.

6. khd29

khd29 New Member

One day, I would like to have the opportunity to play the banjo.

7. PeteNerd

PeteNerd Member

I've attended seminars with Tim and Tuhon in the last year.

Pete

8. Chris Wiggins

Chris Wiggins New Member

KHD,

Little known fact. Guro Hunt comes from a long line of deadly Appalacian Banjo Masters. He can show you the best way to get from A to E.
    Also, Tim will be in NY mid to late May. Contact Eddie (he should be released from time out soon) for more details.

9. blindside

blindside student

In the past year I've been to two of Tim's seminars and my instructor brought Tuhon in for three days last year (as he does yearly).

Lamont

10. Ventura

Ventura -== Banned ==-

I have been training with Tuhon and Tim. I'm in Long Beach, Ca

11. blindside

blindside student

Hi Meynard, I met you at Tim's Katrina-aftermath Camp.

Lamont

12. Kalisong

Kalisong New Member

I've been training under Tuhon since early 90's . started out with his first Generation students ( Tom, Bill, Omar, My bro Rj ) and been with Tim in Camps but nothing like the being with the Grandtuhon himself.

I was just with him last feb 2007 with my guys. Here are some clips of Tuhon at our stie Rochester kali http://www.rochesterkali.com

and some pics of how it is to train back homehttp://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/kalisong1/?action=view&current=1176511973.pbw

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/kalisong1/?action=view&current=1175474759.pbw

enjoy...

"Kuya" Doug Marcaida

13. franci1911

franci1911 Member

I am one of the first generation students of Grand Master Gaje training under him the 70's

14. CARP

CARP New Member

Train with them in the US and the PI.

15. DM03

DM03 New Member

Greeting to all...

On and off over the last three years, I have been trained by both Maginoo Tim and Tuhon Gaje. If you have been interested in training yet have never gotten to it, do yourself a huge favor and go see them. It'll open your eyes.

Chris, we are actually bringing Tuhon Gaje here to the Sunshine State of Florida the weekend of June 23-24 to the Boca/Miami area for his first U.S. seminar of 2007. Should anyone be interested in joining us, contact me for further details.

Thanks and best regards to all,

Dino Martinez
    dinomartinez@hotmail.com

16. trainer9731

trainer9731 New Member

I began training PTK in the early 90s under Omar Hakim I then continued my training with Tim Waid when he moved back from the Phillipines in the 90s, and of course with GT Gaje every time he is within a 5 hour drive.
    I have been a Police officer since 1992 and a Police Trainer since 1996.
    I have been teaching PTK (a edged weapons counter ambush course) to the Officers as a part of thier departmental training. I have received alot of help and support from Tim in developing these courses.

Although I am certified in PPCT, TASER, Manadnock, Controlled Force, etc. I can truly say that Pekiti Tirsia is unsurpassed in its understanding of combative principles and how the practicioner can APPLY them in survival situations.

Thanks

17. Ventura

Ventura -== Banned ==-

Hey Lamont,

I remember you guys! How's the training? It's nice to have a consistent training partner eh?

18. Combative Edge

Combative Edge New Member

I actually just got home saturday from training with Tuhon in the Philippines for a month. What a great experience. It will definetely be a yearly trip.

19. bladedone

bladedone New Member

I have been training with Maginoo Tim.

20. bladedone

bladedone New Member

A couple of seminars with Tuhon Gaje.