'Red Dawn' Remake.

Discussion in 'The Den' started by arnisador, Aug 10, 2009.

1. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Tom Cruise's son in "Red Dawn" remake

Well, I confess I liked the original...but I wonder how this'll play post-Cold War?

2. My favourite Rocky at the time was Rocky IV (too young to remember the other ones).

Watching it recently I asked myself the same question....

3. pguinto

pguinto New Member

The original had quite a lineup - Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Lea Thompson, C Thomas Howell, Powers Boothe, Jennifer Grey. Im willing to bet that many of you didnt even know that Radames Pera was in this one too. And just who the heck is Rad? Here's a hint...

Close your eyes, what do you hear?
    I hear the water, i hear the birds...
    Do you hear your own heartbeat?... No...
    Do you hear the grasshopper at your feet?

Personally i dont mind remakes, and i dont care to compare them to see how they stack up bc each film is a time piece. Remakes also reintroduce movies to later generations of peeps who would have otherwise never known about the originals. Personally when i like a remake, i would go watch the originals ie The Thing and Ocean's Eleven.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  4. Datu Tim Hartman

Datu Tim Hartman FMA Talk Founder Supporting Member

Looking forward to seeing this one.

5. punisher73

punisher73 Member

That was my concern too, who is going to be the bad guys in this? When that movie came out I was but a wee young lad, and the movie was very plausible as far as the Russians wanting to attack the US due to the Cold War and nuclear threats

Anyone know who is supposed to be the main bad guys?

6. pguinto

pguinto New Member

The original antagonist was Cuba with Russian support. For the remake, it is China.

7. sjansen

sjansen New Member

Killin commies for our mommies was the quote I learned in boot camp and it looks like it will hold in the new movie. Although, killin taliban for my mom, killin ghihad for my dad, and killin reds till their dead would be great alternatives.

Are they invading with low priced labor and sweat shops? Or, with a lack of following international labor agreements, international patents, and environmental guidelines?

8. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Radames Pera played the young kwai Chang Caine in the old tv show "Kungfu" So Pay up on your bet..

9. pguinto

pguinto New Member

HA!!!! You must be confused. I didnt ask who he was, i said i was "willing to bet that many of you didnt even know that Radames Pera was in (the original Red Dawn)". Fell for the ol' pump fake again, DOH!!!

10. punisher73

punisher73 Member

The main antagonist was Russia and also Cuba. They were a split force. Most of the action was against Russian forces though.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087985/plotsummary