Rapier

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by Rapier, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Rapier

Rapier RHC

Hello from Ga. New to this site would like to say Hi all of you who are working so hard to spread FMA.

2. Carol

Carol <font color = blue><b>Technical Administrator</b><

Welcome! :wavey:

3. arnisador

arnisador Active Member

Welcome! Rapier? A fencer?

4. Mchief

Mchief New Member

Aloha and Welcome!

5. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Welcome here to the forums

6. Rapier

Rapier RHC

Thank you for the welcome. Fencer? well in way yes, I have studied some of the old world style of sword and dagger fighting using the heavier swords similar to the side sword or the shlaigger blade.Using both point conrtol and slashing methods as well as sword and buckler and a case of rapiers also called Florentine. My FMA skills come into play real well and is an advantage because FMA sharpens both hands with the double stick work.

Thank you for nthe

7. StixMaster

StixMaster -== Banned ==-

Hope that you could enlighten us on the similarities of European styles of sword to FMA sword moves like kris & bolo etc... I know I guy in St. Louis that does both as well his name is Scott Brown, he even does seminars.

8. Rapier

Rapier RHC

StixMaster, Some of the differences I see are the Lenght and weight that can be anywhere between 32"and 42 plus inches so the arm can tire a lot faster. Due to the length you cannot use the Watik.this is where you can see the largo mano of FMA and when the dagger is used as in Espada y Daga the FMA can give you the upper hand due to the extensive double stick work that's in FMA. Also the longer weapon moves a little slower during certain techniques and this is where you can see disarms come into play.