Rapid Arnis member takes on the bad guys

Discussion in 'FMA in the News' started by Pat OMalley, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Brit with a stick

It is nice to know when one of your guys uses his skills to get one up on the bad guys. Here is the news report on one of our Rapid Arnis New Zealand Guys getting the better of two armed robbers.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4797120a23016.html

Best regards

Pat

2. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Cool! [​IMG]

3. Phil Mar Nadela

Phil Mar Nadela New Member Supporting Member

Guro Pat,
    In the photo he was holding some kind of weapon, is it a Stick or a flash light?[​IMG]

4. Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise Senior Member Supporting Member

Looks like a mag light to me. [​IMG]

5. silat1

silat1 Active Member

Pat,
    Kyudos to your guy in Kiwiland.. It is situations like this which makes the FMA stand out in their effectiveness where as some of the other arts are kept in the dark like mushrooms because all the instructors of these styles do is feed their students organic fertilizer and keep them in the dark by teaching them dojo choreographed dance routines what they call reality based self defense applications..

6. Pat OMalley

It's a Mag Light, he is holding on one hand andone of the knives he disarmed from one of the guys in the other. Erhman (The guy in the Pic) is a great guy and a top Rap singer in New Zealand too, he has his first album comming out about now and should also do his PR some good.

I first met him in 2006 and we had a bit of a spar and boy can he hit, he is a big Samaon and I am glad he is on my side:armed:

He is the bigger one in this clip with the shorts on

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cMbgJwWdGF4

Best regards

Pat

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. Pat OMalley

Yeah I know what you mean, what is Reality Based Self Defence anyway apart from another marketing term, I have seen a few of these RBSF guys and to be honest most of them wouldn't know reality self defence if it smacked them in the mouth:uhoh:

When I first taught this guy back in 2006 we done some knife controlling and awareness stuff and his first question was 'how would that work against a real knife with an agressive opponent?' with that he pulled out this large sharp blade and said 'Show me' :uhoh: He came at me, I took it off him and we have been freinds ever since (thank God). He works a lot of Maori bars and clubs so he has to be sure his stuff works, but like most big guys who can handle themselves in real life sitautions he is one of the most humble and freindly guys you could some across who does not boost his ego by shouting that he is the best thing since sliced bread and his RBSD is where it is at.

He does FMA simply because he knows it is effective id done correctly.

Best regards

Pat

8. Navadisha

Navadisha New Member

Great clip Pat! Great to have partners who can really let you know if your stuff works. No need to wonder "what if".